Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    can someone tell me does the EPA clss I certification allow a person to recover certain freon from central air conditioning systems in homes ? No where on the EPA site or in the literature does it use the word "central air" If not the class 1 than would it be II or III ? I'm thinking about studying to become certified.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Hang in there someone will be along soon,

    I think class 1 allows someone to work on a unit with 5 lbs or less, class 2 is from 50 to 5 lbs,
    universal is all types and any size.

    You can recover, reclaim, no matter what classification you have. As long as you have a classification.

    But like I said someone will be along to set the record straight.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    NE PA
    Technically class I is 5 lbs or less, and in a system that is manufactured, charged and sealed in a factory. Unfortunately central air does not fit that category. You will need a class II or Universal certification to be legal.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    There is no max pound on class ll.

    Contractor locator map


    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    South Dakota

    You will find the answer here plus more

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event