Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by benncool
    are you proud of me Many d's
    The other way around it should be.

You should be proud of me for heeding your advice some 3 years ago now.

You have mentioned this a few times before.

AC Rookie....

Look, you're right, it just isn't right or fair to put a mech. lien on the MH; they, after all, did pay what they had to.

The only recommendation I can give you is that you should just write it off as a bad debt & in the future tell any potential like-customers that you only accept payment up-front. They may not like it but at least you get paid.

If you subscribve like I do to Dunns and Bradstreet, I can see if they got a rating with them and take a peek at there credit with out them knowing I did, atleast for a few weeks.

I think Bencool is right the heck on with this. It's business. It took me awhile not personalize it or think I lost a fortune cause I turned down a job or two.

Most commercial customers have no problems with this. You just have to ask. They are asking for services vendored to them by many other industries, not just the HVAC or Refrigeration Industry. And most other indutries do this as common practice if not the written law for most of them. So you might be suprized that they are not surprized that you have requested. Kapish?

Long ago and far away I worked for a smart contractor. He said No trailer parks , no bars, no restaurants. No money, slow pay. Maybe so, but it seems your in the belly of the beast. 10 years or so ago I went to a contractors seminar and there were maybe 300 people there and about 5 women. The guy said in 5 years 4 out of five of these women will still be in business while almost all of you guys won't. Why? The women do the paper work before they do business. Maybe they have been screwed over too much in life I don't know but they get the job done. Eather get serious about money or give it up. If your not serious about money the sharks will smell an eazy kill and you won't stand a chance.
    Tracers work both ways.

Originally posted by hvacker
    If your not serious about money the sharks will smell an eazy kill and you won't stand a chance.
    Right on!!

Thanks all. I appreciate the knowledge you all give, I my let a collection agency try to get some back for me. I guess it could have been worse I could have done a lot more jobs for them and been burn worse than I have. I will chalk this one up as a well learnd lesson and get better business practices to protect myself.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12