Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    At what point do you tell your boss to go f@#$ himself because his tounge lashings have reached the point of verbal abuse?

The company i work for is less than 10 yrs. old and already has more than 100 ex employees.

I suppose in a way i`ve already answered my own question but i just want to hear other horror stories.

Everybody makes mistakes but to demean someone within earshot of others is ridiculous.

You have to decide this one for your self. Good policy has always been:

Praise in public; criticize in private.

Exception: This site. lol
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

You're already past that point...

if you feel obliged to start a thread here...

"People don't quit their jobs, they quit their bosses"...

GL @ your new job...!

somewhere in time over the past few years more and more employeers have decided that this is an acceptable way to treat their employees and the longer you stay there and allow it to happen , the longer it will--you can bet on one thing though, when someone treats you with that kind of disrespect, they are fully aware of what they are doing

and they do it because it makes them feel better about themselves.

find your self another job , gather your tools and leave without telling him to F***k off....,that will do you no good
    just walk away from the ignorant

Call a lawyer. In today's PC world, verbal abuse is just as illegal as physical abuse. If you play your cards right you could own the company.
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

I have always put them in their place the first time it happens then you will not have any more trouble

If it has been going on for a while you will have a hard time changing it

Now as you move on the next time someone yells at you very calmly tell them you will not tolerate it if they want to talk to you like an adult they are more than able to but you will not tolerate being yelled at like a child

The long and short of the matter is you get what you settle for so it almost as much your fault as it is his

Hmm sirjames

What happened to you that got you into this position? We all make mistakes. But not everyday. The boss is the one that is ultimately responsible. Understand that. If you are like me, I have a wife, children and rent to pay each month. Calm down, take a deep breath, and say to your self. Do I need to find another job? If you do, don't burn any bridges. We need all the friends we can get in this lifetime. Roy

100 employees in less than 10 yr,wow that says it all. Maybe time to bail. What are you getting spanked for.

Roy has a much more conservative approach, guess that comes with age, or maybe you deserve to be spanked

[Edited by pjs on 07-22-2005 at 06:42 PM]

Originally posted by pjs
    100 employees in less than 10 yr,wow that says it all. Maybe time to bail. What are you getting spanked for.

Roy has a much more conservative approach, guess that comes with age, or maybe you deserve to be spanked

[Edited by pjs on 07-22-2005 at 06:42 PM]
    I haven't had a good spanking in such a long time!

yeh!!!

and I can see you need one

I always felt someone working for me could jam me up more by leaving than I could jam them up by getting weard. Educate not humiliate. Also someone said troublesome people are often people in trouble. If thats the case run don't walk cause your probably not a shrink. Right? Some people self destruct. Their life plan.
    Tracers work both ways.

You want to know when to should tell him to take a hike? Now. It's summer and everyone needs technicians.It should be easy to find a job. If you wait 2 months you might as well wait untill next summer.

honestly

It didn`t even happen to me but it happened to a good friend of mine at the same company and he quit the next day.

I know being a boss is tough enough but there is a limit to what you should have to put up with.

everybody makes mistakes, i`m no different ,but there are reasonable ways of reprimanding someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast