Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's not that I don't think you can't understand it... it's just very long..

Originally posted by tpa-fl
    It's not that I don't think you can't understand it... it's just very long..
    Ah! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Knight.

Da Ha! If only I'd have found this earlier....

http://www.hometech.com/learn/hvac.html

Don't worry, it's not getting rid of the job of a HVAC tech. :P

have you allowed the smoke to be released from that system yet

Originally posted by ct2
    have you allowed the smoke to be released from that system yet
    It's funny how much everyone here thinks I can't do this.

As a matter of fact, last night I did a prototype board. (Board that is purchased, has nothing but holes in it, you solder on what you want.) The board worked perfect. The firmware needed some work, but after about 5 mintues of tinkering it was perfect. Control board has been in the system since last night, and still working perfect. The fun part about this entire project is the fact that I have EXTREME control, as well as a hell of a lot of statistics. Such as when it kicks on, what the temp was, etc.

This is one of the neatest projects I've done in a while.

Once I get everything how I want it, I'll order to have PCB's created.

As soon as everything is how I want it, I'll get pictures, videos, etc, and document everything on my webpage, which I'll release that info when everything is working how I want it.

Knight.

There may be a difference between how you want it, and how it works the most efficient.

The closer the temp tolerence, the less eff it is.(short cycles) Its better for comfort though.

You'll have to play with the dead band to find the best for your house/comfort, eff.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

And that's what I mean about me having extreme control. I can make it hte most efficient system, or the most comfortable. I really have more flexibility, than most systems.

I am intending on setting the thermostats in each room to around 72F. Then I'll set hte unit to cool until it reaches 70F, and then begin to cool again once it reaches 74F. I'll do it the other way around when it's heating.

Originally posted by knightofoldcode
    And that's what I mean about me having extreme control. I can make it hte most efficient system, or the most comfortable. I really have more flexibility, than most systems.

I am intending on setting the thermostats in each room to around 72F. Then I'll set hte unit to cool until it reaches 70F, and then begin to cool again once it reaches 74F. I'll do it the other way around when it's heating.
    a 4F differential? Probably would be efficient, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. While you're designing the controls, what are you doing about humidity? If anything, humidity's more noticable than temperature.

I havn't had a chance to really play around with it, I'd like to do a 4 degree differential, but I dunno how comfortable that'd be. Like I said, it'd be something I could play with.

Nothing is really being done about humidity.

I live in New Mexico, we don't get much humidity around here anyways, and I havn't done anything about installing any humidifiers or anything else in the line, that's way above my scope of knowledge.

lol, so are differentials. Industry strives to maintain constant temps, and you go electronic to operate like 50 years ago.

Read the honeywell guide

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Oh, c'mon.. the Honeywell Round stats were around 50 years ago and they were more accurate than 4F.

I reacall having said SOMEWHERE, (oh yeah, RIGHT UP ABOVE) that I was PLAYING WITH IT..... and hadn't made up my mind.

The thing is, I've never developed my own thermostat! And I HARDLY doubt that ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM HAS EITHER, therefore, since hte only way I get ANY HELP ON ANYTHING is by stating what I'm THINKING, then it's obvious that I'll simply have to accept your ridicle to get any ADVICE... oh wait, I forgot, Forums aren't for advice, they are for ridicule.

Holy crap yawl are one of the most attacking forums I've ever worked with or posted on.

Knight.

Well you realized this was not a DYI forum when you first posted.

So why then do you expect advice. Try usenet, like alt.home.repair, there may be all kinds of people out there willing to help you.

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast