Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We ran the unit yesterday without a filter at all and the house stayed at 71F through 1pm. At that point the temp rose throughout the afternoon but never exceeded 75F. House was back to 73F by 8:30. This is perfectly acceptable to me as it was very hot with high humidity levels. We have had 4 days of "excessive heat" warnings. I know those of you out west have to be laughing about excessive heat in the 90's-heat index 115 when your temps are at 110-115. What do we do now about a filter? Go to Lowes and purchase some that can be cut to size? The unit has a slot for a 1" filter that is now empty and the box that holds the 5" pleated filter. Which should we use? I will call my installer on Monday, but this is not an emergency and I'm not calling them on a weekend. Thanks for all of your help!

buy a standard fiberglass filter to fit the 1" slot in the unit or the same dimentions as the thick media only in 1".

O.K. The Lomanco power vent in the attic is functioning. We purchased a 90 day filter from Lowes that can be cut to size. The Trane filters are non-standard in size. I guess that I will still call my installer and see if they had an additional thoughts on the problem, but I'll wait until Tuesday. I want to monitor the temps with the new 1" filter in place. I guess I wasted my money on the air handler and 5 inch media filter. Thanks for all of your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12