Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by henline_hvac
    do you manufacture your own txv. that would be the proper installation
    As time goes by, this sounds like more proof to suspect a DIYer...

If not, he really needs some training.

just trying to have conversation in the field with resonable people that have something informative to say.

do you manufacture your own txv. that would be the proper installation
    Its refrigeration 101... all same, same

You can build your own or purchase pre-built. I personally do both but when it is a critical install.. I build it.

Just my preference.

One more thing... Robo actually is just OK on Goodman but he lacks enthusiasm. If you need Goodman advise... Don't ask Robo he always gets up on the wrong side of the bed and is so grouchy about he would condemn a kids bike.

How do you feel about goodman products? I have installed 2 92.5% efficent furnaces last year and have had excellent results.
    ... "Goodman has been very good to me..."

I am not completely impartial on the subject of brand since I do work for and now sell Goodman products. I was one of the regional technical service managers for 5 years for Goodman so I also know the technical side of the product as well.

That said, I don't believe I have ever been unfair about any brands positive of negative features. I have praised things I like about competing brands and I have noted my dislike for some things that Goodman products have had issues with.

As has been said, and is even a sig line of a very intelligent HVAC guru; "The final manufacturing is done at the home by the technician."

The new Goodman condensing furnaces are some of the best on the market today. Installing those condensing furnaces is a no brainer as far as getting your best bang for the buck. Again, I am fair about my preferences and most here know that I actually prefer another brands condensing furnace as far as technological comfort capabilities.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by madhouse

RoBo, Recently installed a 2.5 ton Goodman with my own TXV. Installed a liquid receiver/dryer as recommended by the manufacturer just before the txv. Sound o.k.?
    If your able to maintain the proper subcooling with no dramatic decrease in head pressure then there is most likely nothing wrong with this application. It was not neccesary though to install a second filter/drier.

All TXV manufactures want their product protected with a filter/drier, for good reason. For all intent and purposes, the OEM filter/drier that is installed in the Goodman outdoor unit "IS" what the TXV manufactures are referring to. After all, it is still "just before the TXV", it just has a bit more copper tubing then if it were installed at the indoor unit.

Originally posted by lusker
    One more thing... Robo actually is just OK on Goodman but he lacks enthusiasm. If you need Goodman advise... Don't ask Robo he always gets up on the wrong side of the bed and is so grouchy about he would condemn a kids bike.

Am I allowed to post "bite me!" to an associate of this forum?

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by lusker

Am I allowed to post "bite me!" to an associate of this forum?
    You will have to call Galliger to ask his permission. After all, he has the rights to all the good words!

Good morning Robin...

I am sure that Goodman is a somewhat sufficient product. What I see in my area is that the companies that typically install Goodman don't know the first thing about proper installation. They are usually one truck guys that won't be around in 5 years to back their warranties so they don't care how they put it in. They are selling one thing.....price. The installation plays 75% of the role as to whether or not the system will perform up to par. I can honestly say that I don't consider Goodman to be a competitor in my area.

Don't know what area you are in but if Goodman is not currently a competitor, it will be

In the tech rep positions I have held I can honestly say that there are many technicians that install any brand that don't know a lot about what they are doing. They will get better or go bust and in the meantime those who do know what they are doing keep getting work.

Goodman is also not always the least expensive equipment any longer. With utilizing the Amana technology and reorganizing the support systems of the company, Goodman is a very viable competitor with quality and service. At least in my region it is

definately not the cheapest you can get anymore.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12