Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My father as well as two of his sisters have had bouts with colon cancer. I started getting the testing when I was 35 and have kept it up. My brother who is 2 years younger than me has known that he should be doing the same for 10 years now.
    A month ago he started having pain in his side and after alot of testing and "finally" a colonoscopy, it was discovered that he had cancer last week. He went through surgery Tuesday to remove the tumor as well as his appendix,part of his colon, 2 limpnodes (?)and a good size piece of his paraneum. He now has to start chemotherapy and soon, radiation treatments. Sitting in the waiting room tuesday with most of my family, his wife stands up and says "its his own fault for not having the testing done on a regular basis, cause cancer is nothing to mess around with". She says this as she heads outside to smoke her 40th cigarette of the day!
    Until I went to visit him I didn't realize how many people I knew were actually in the hospital with all different types of cancer. Mostly colon and pancreatic (?) but I'm certain that if I asked them whether or not they had been keeping up with preventative testing most would say, "why when I have felt just fine"?
    Cancer is some serious stuff, so don't drag your feet when it comes to checkups!! No one is invincible!!!!

You're right. I've been slack about it myself.

We'll be praying your brother's treatments go well, and that they got all the cancer.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear . How old is he??

Best wishes to your brother, htg guy.

I have had a check-up with a doctor only once in the last 10 years, but I am going to change that. I didn't even know what a colonscopy was (actually, I wasn't even sure what the heck a colon was ::::: ) until reading this site, but it is just what we used to call the lower intestine, right?

You are right, it is dumb to stick your head in the sand. It's that damn finger thing that has kept me away but I guess that is nothing compared to what the alternatives are.

Thanks for the reminder, sorry about your bro.

don

don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Hope your brother has a full recovery.

Smile

Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    Best wishes to your brother, htg guy.

You are right, it is dumb to stick your head in the sand. It's that damn finger thing that has kept me away but I guess that is nothing compared to what the alternatives are.
    don

There's a bit more than a finger involved. More like a 3/8" garden hose!

http://www.maxinet.com/mansell/polyp.htm

[Edited by htg guy on 07-21-2005 at 09:53 PM]

Sorry to hear, hope all ends up well
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

sorry to hear that best wishes

Prayers for all

Hope your Bro gets a clean bill of health in the future. Don't try to figure Sis-in Laws comment, she's just freaking out. I went out and burned one ( cigarette ) when I was told my wife had breast cancer.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Hope things work out there, the big C is pretty deadly if left unchecked. Must be our western diet, combined with our stressful hectic lifestyle, add to that genetic disorders, it's a wonder any of us survive at all.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Since I had skin cancer

Doctor told me that I had a highly increased chance of colon cancer. Said the skin and the bowel were made out of the same type cells. SCARY!!

Beenies pool post is relevant, he had 10 polyps.....good thing he got it done..........and someone even won a hat too.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Re: Since I had skin cancer

Originally posted by rob10
    Doctor told me that I had a highly increased chance of colon cancer. Said the skin and the bowel were made out of the same type cells. SCARY!!
    Scary is right!

I have never heard this, you may have already said but what type of skin cancer did you have?
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast