Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...and I ditched my original wedding set. It was nothing extravagant (1 carat total) and it was doing nothing but collecting dust. So I am now the owner of a Sony video camera, and a few DVDs.

So just out of curiosity, what did all of you other divorced guys/gals do with your rings?

[Edited by kgouker on 07-21-2005 at 07:36 PM]

I recycled it with my present wife, but she don't know it.

PSYKE I LET THE BIATCH KEEP IT.

Still have it collecting dust!! I don't know what she did with hers..?? I don't think I'd get much for mine, It's just a band and it's worn. I might check it out though I could get enough for a 6!!

You should have sold it on ebay. You would get true market value. From what I hear, pawn shops do not give you squat, maybe .15 on the dollar if you are lucky, with gold, maybe a little more.

Enjoy the camera though.

I thought about that, but I just haven't had much luck with e-bay... I have a $1500 Movado watch that I tried to sell (asking price $300) and didn't have ANY luck at all.

Oh believe me, I know that I got pennies on the dollar for the rings, but honestly I just wanted them to go away. I thought about resetting the diamonds into something else, but I'm sure that every time I look at the new piece of jewelry, I would be reminded of what it was made of. And some memories are better left un-remembered!

Smile K

Some how all of my stuff that I bought for her, just disapeared. Just like her. I'm glad. It was time for a new chapter in my life. So lets get on to making more mistakes and troubles. Next, try having children and living happily ever after. I'm just playing. I wish you the best K. Roy

Kgouker.....Did you happen to see any of the tools I have had stolen over the years in that hock shop? You were probably looking for yours too.

It is sad to think of it that way, but I'm sure that a portion of what was in there was stolen. When I lived in an apartment (many years ago) my neighbor across the hall kicked my door in and stole every piece of jewelry that I had. The worst thing was that he took a ring that my grandfather bought my grandmother for their 50th wedding anniversary. It was not an expensive ring, but the sentimental value was priceless. The guy's girlfriend came home when the police were there, and came out of their apartment with some of my stuff! So needless to say, there was no question WHO stole my stuff, but unfortunately our wonderful law enforcement didn't do anything about it. The guy never went to jail for it. You could say that it was just a little uncomfortable passing him in the hallway after that... I moved out about a month later. I'm sure that he took my stuff to the local pawn shop, although I was never able to find any of it.

But anyway, they had just about anything you could imagine in the pawn shop EXCEPT... Guns! I was actually hoping to replace the 12ga shotgun that I had to sell last year. I guess I'll have to visit a gun shop for that!

[Edited by kgouker on 07-21-2005 at 09:20 PM]

Who are you going to be gunning for?

Hee hee! To answer your question, NO it is not the ex-husband or ex-boyfriend! But there are some clay pigeons that better watch out!

First engagement ring ended up in the Atlantic Ocean I believe as I never recieved it back,even though it was promised to be in the mail lol

1rst wedding set gave to ex as It was my decision and figuired she might need the money for her new Boyfriend.

2nd wedding set also gave also gave to ex, her decision, not sure if she pawned it or not to pay her bills or bounced checks

2nd engagement ring almost had to take the gal to court to get returned along with some other things, luckly it was a small town store and they at least gave me the money back minus 15 % since it was used.

Needless to say if there is a next time I am going dutch on the ring purchases lol
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

I mailed mine to the Jekyl & Hyde b**ch and told her to do what ever she wanted with it since it was the only thing she would ever get from me.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I'm sure that he took my stuff to the local pawn shop, although I was never able to find any of it.

straight to the local dope dealer and traded for a rock

BTW get the ring back for the pawn shop --take it to a good jewler have them melt the ring ---use the gold and diamond to make a piece that you will like

[Edited by ct2 on 07-22-2005 at 04:08 PM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast