+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JCI VA-7820 or 7830 (valve actuators)

Post Likes

JCI VA-7820 or 7830 (valve actuators)

Has anyone had experience with these actuators failing because they indicate losing control signal? I have had several do this and the signal is always present.

Post Likes
    Blue capes and proper pid tuning save actuator lives.

Post Likes
    I have had issues with other JCI actuators and the solution was to reset the 24Vac. The electronics in the actuator were "locking up" and there was a recall placed on the parts. This was a couple years ago on a M9216-HGA valve though. Could be going down the same path. If you have a relationship with the local branch try them and see if they now of a problem. Otherwise try Milwaukwee on the 800# and see if you can get somewhere.

Post Likes

Talking

Froz:
    You are correct in that the 24vac removal resets the actuator. But that does not bode well in an automatic control application. I was looking to see if your second part is true that possibly a manufacturing defect is out there since I have some actuators that do not exhibit this symptom.

Freddy:

I took the blue cape off and replaced it with a real superman suit. Glad to know that blue blood runs in your veins though. LOL:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in