F@cking mini splits I HATE 'EM!
    I have very little experiance with these things, as they are just now comming about in our area.

I just know they are a pain in the A$$!!!

I went to one last week, remote working (Showing that it is putting out a signal anyway, how do you check to see if it is really beaming the signal??) Anyway, the display and everything on the remote worked, but no response at the unit. No beeping, nothing.

Called tech support. (To ask where I start, hell even though the remote says it is working, again, how do I know it is beaming the signal?) Tech support says to order and replace the main pcb board and remote sensor board. (Both come together as a package.)

Ordered the board, get to the job and realized they sent me the POWER board instead of the main PCB board.

I realized this after I opened up the unit. Got to looking at the unit to figure out how the hell I'm going to change this board. Everything is JAM PACKED in to this tiny ass compartment. It reminded me of a compact front wheel drive car with the engine mounted sideways and everything just packed in wherever it could go. I almost have to take the unit completely apart when I do get the right boards for it. WTF?

So I go to put the cover back on, and discovered that that was a chore itself. Trying to get the whole thing lined up and getting all 4 clips on top to align and snap into place was no easy task.

I have only worked on 4 or 5 of these in the past, once was actually an installation. After finally getting the indoor section connected, it was a chore just getting it to stay mounted FLESH to the wall without comming like an inch away from the wall. Then I finally get it mounted right and find that the lower right hand corner piece (Fujitsu unit, there is a corner piece of trimming that covers part of the bottom and the right side of the unit) just would not snap into place.

From what little experiance I have with them, all I can say is MINI SPLITS SUCK!!!!

The easiest way to check to see if any IR remote is working is with a video camera set to black and white, point the remote towards the lens and watch the viewfinder, if it is working properly you will see a bright light in the viewfinder.

COOL! I'll tell my boss he needs to get me a video camera for my truck for "Testing purposes"

Or,
    Tell the boss to get some extra remotes so you have a "Known good one"

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    One more tip;

Remote not working ,change the batteries,still not working .Has 3 batteries,be sure they are all in correctly as one may be for the display on the remote and the other two to send the signal,I found this on one I installed at the brother in laws.

Then they did the same thing a year later.

I too don't love the Minis. But don't they all have a switvh that overrides the remote? The last one I had fun with was a Samsung. Had to somewhat dismantle the side to get at the board to see which of three lights was flashing, then find out which of the three sensors was not working. Could hardly get at the connects and don't know if a voltage check would tell me anything so I removed the cover completely and hosed down the coil and the temp sensor on the opposite side from the electronics. Had to reinstall the cover completely to get the fan to run without rubbing the housing but it worked and I had ok (?) pressure so I collected $ and left saying to myself "These f#$^$#'s suck but one could get good at it and except for the tight quarters, (cut all the wire ties and redo), one could make some dough on these."

Maybe there is gold in them thar hills.