+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goodman install

Post Likes

Talking goodman install

so here is my latest install what do ya'll thinkAttachment 156811

Attachment 156821

Post Likes
    what no comments lol guess it looks good. man i figured ya'll would pick it apart but than again not the best pics but when its done right i guess its hard to see anything wrong lol

Post Likes
    What's powering the unit? No high voltage whip from the disconnect?

Linset looks nice and tidy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post

u have never herd of wireless electricity?
    http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_...ectricity.html

Post Likes
    Not a big fan of concrete pads anymore.

I do prefer the elect. whip instead of through the wall.

Closet installs are not fun so good job from where i sit.

I started installing my condensers with the Discharge/Suction hookups facing out instead of in .

Overall, Its a good looking install.

Post Likes
    Did you put a 3/4" cap on the T before the P-trap? Should be one there for the trap to work properly. Looks good otherwise.

Post Likes
    there is a little mexican on the other side of the wall on a bike thats where the power is coming from lol just kidding look down close to the line set the whip goes from the diconnect through the wall and pops out by the lineset low voltage is ran under the armiflex. yes tee is caped just did have it on there at time of pic. thanks for the compliments. i did this install by myself in 12 hours from tear out to complete up and running and thats including checking charge static pressures s.c. s.h. and t.d. and programming t-stat but was tired as hell after it was done

Post Likes
    I was going to ask about the drain as well but saw your response. The only thing I don't care for is how you ran the lineset across the front of the unit, I would have prefered it dropping down on left side if possible

Post Likes
    It's not easy to see in the pic, but is that a running trap or a p-trap on the coil?

Post Likes
    Are these "closet installs" fairly common in the US? I think just about every (most) furnace here is in a open room in a basement.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

closet installs are pretty common. a lot in the garage. in my area 90% go in the attic. not much fun servicing them in the summer time. install looks good. neat job.
    you guys ever notice how the armaflex insulltion goes to pot after a one hot summer. what I use is the black pipe wrap that the gas co. uses to wrap buried gas lines with. it protects the suction line insullation from the UVs
    a stupid question is a question you wont to ask, but don't

Post Likes
    yes i agree basshound about dropping the lineset down on the left but if you look up in the pic you can see the disconnect right there and i like to make sure that every componant is out of the way of each other that way if the disconnect ever has to be replaced than your not trying to flex the lineset out of the way to get to it. and yes its a p-trap i dont use running traps they are not allowed here by code. and did ya'll know that goodman say in the install manual that field experiance suggests a t before the p and no cap and i was always told to cap it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post

Bluetooth.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    and yes its a p-trap i dont use running traps they are not allowed here by code
    The guys who were putting in my condenser and coil were going to use a running trap. Another reason (among many) why I "uninvited" them to finish the job, and just paid them off to get rid of them.

Post Likes
    yea gary i agree alot of people doing installs dont understand that using a running trap is a waste of time and money the whole point in a trap is to keep water inside of it to keep gases from traveling back in to the house and if you put any kind of drop on your drain line with a running trap it will all just run down the drain hence the name running trap lol

Post Likes
    469 area code. Is that Ellis County? If so not to far from me.

Post Likes
    I always install traps like this. The open tee after the trap allows the rest of drain line to vent and drain. If the open tee is before the trap it defeats the whole purpose, since the negative pressure in the coil will draw air in and not allow the drain pan to drain until the unit shuts off and sometimes your drain pan will overflow.
    Remember, some poor fool has to work on what you install someday, and it might even be you.

Post Likes
    not to be critical but the drain is done wrong and the linesets could have been neater.

Post Likes
    Looks like a running trap to me

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkguy View Post
    I always install traps like this. The open tee after the trap allows the rest of drain line to vent and drain. If the open tee is before the trap it defeats the whole purpose, since the negative pressure in the coil will draw air in and not allow the drain pan to drain until the unit shuts off and sometimes your drain pan will overflow.
    I believe the vent after the trap is an anti-siphon (vacuum break), where the vent before the trap is just for cleaning and that one must be capped during operation. I think a lot of times people get these two confused.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in