Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    passed away at the age of 85 yrs old and had been wounded 6Xs during Normandy Invasion,and that show being the first real space travel series was great to look foward to the stories each week.Scotty never mentioned HVAC or complaints of the crew being hot or cold,too!!!!! busy getting drunk with the Kligons and fighting,or looking for dilithium crystals to power the ship."The Shore Leave" episode was cool,with whatever they thought of being manufactured underground to entertain themselves....."Piece of the Action" as Chicago Gangsters was another.
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

Yet another icon that will be missed and with no one to take his place I might add. Same with rock bands such as the stones etc. When these people are gone who will make good music? Certainly not the new bands Ive been hearing on the box. Hohummm..
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Got word of him on ESPN Radio today.

R.I.P. Scotty.
    Get back to work.

As I was returning from lunch, I saw this high school student walking down the hall of the band practice area. On her shirt was the word; Beatles.

She's so young ... how could she know anything about who theywere or what they were all about?

Do they teach about them in the history books at schools today?

Heck, they quit playing together BEFORE SHE WAS EVEN BORN!!!

I am not a Beatles fan. But I am a Baby Boomer. So I grew up with them playing music while I was young.

But I do like some of the old stuff.

However .. what they call rock and roll music today is as far from music and entertaining as they can possibly get!

This new "select a new lead singer for inxs" ... they remind me of Alice Cooper and the like.
    Real sicko's.

Rock has sure changed.

Originally posted by R12rules
    As I was returning from lunch, I saw this high school student walking down the hall of the band practice area. On her shirt was the word; Beatles.

She's so young ... how could she know anything about who theywere or what they were all about?

As a "Gen X'er" or whatever...I can tell you (most) kids wear this kind of stuff to fit in. They wear it thinking they will get some kind of recognition from others. And when it boils down to it...they know nothing about it. Then there are those who truly wear these type of shirts who know the significance of the band and love the music for what it is...but those are far and few between.

As for the new INXS lead singer reality crap...what a waste. Nobody will fit into Michael's shoes. As far as I'm concerned...INXS died with Michael. They should've just re-named the band.
    Get back to work.

More power Scotty...............I'm giving it all she's got captain.............
    RIP, good show, a classic, good guy too.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I always hated that dumb ass show. But RIP any way.

Oh oh, the Trekies may take your window unit and throw it in your pool.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

with the music and how it changes in death,when Buddy Holly,Richie Valens and that BIG BOOPER guy where killed in that plane crash back in the 50s that left some void in the music industry....and that is with Elvis in his prime.they filled in with bobby rydell,fabian as images for the teens.older guys on the site remember when Beatles...Rubber Soul came out,and then SGT.Peppers in 67'.Stones lost thier rythem guitarist to drugs(Brian Jones 70s)then(bassman)Bill Wyman just left,but Mick/Kieth/Charlie Watts are still rockin in 05'with Ron Wood,who has some bigtime talent!
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px5YcOeQB4I

And here all this time I thought the 2 biggest music tragities were Randy Rhodes and Lynard Skynard.

Originally posted by mattm
    And here all this time I thought the 2 biggest music tragities were Randy Rhodes and Lynard Skynard.
    Who?

Ends up Scotty lives about 5 miles from me and I didn't even know it.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Rhodes was the guitarist for Ozzy. They only made the blizzard of oz album and then he died in some weird plane crash if memory serves.

Originally posted by R12rules

Do they teach about them in the history books at schools today?

Heck, they quit playing together BEFORE SHE WAS EVEN BORN!!!

I am not a Beatles fan. But I am a Baby Boomer. So I grew up with them playing music while I was young.

But I do like some of the old stuff.

However .. what they call rock and roll music today is as far from music and entertaining as they can possibly get!

This new "select a new lead singer for inxs" ... they remind me of Alice Cooper and the like.
    Real sicko's.

Rock has sure changed.
    From the sound of it R12, you dont know dick about, or are qualified to talk about rock.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast