Thread: replacement

I recently found this site. Very informative and helpful. I am currently looking to upgrade my gas heat and central air conditioner. I have only recieved quotes from the Trane and Lennox units and am leaning to the lennox 80%/13 13 seer units. Is their quality/price worth it or should I go for a lower priced manufacturer's unit. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What model #s are you looking at?

Lennox info as follows. The furnace # is G60UHV-60C-110. A/C system is HS-26-36

I do understand that the A/C system is a 14 seer. Probably will downgrade to 12-13 seer if I go with the Lennox System.

Talking

That's a very nice set (Lennox system). Would look nice and run as well as any on the market...worth the $$.

Depending upon coil, with the G60UHV you'd be right around 14 SEER with that system. Nice A/C!!! Whisper quiet! But here come the Puron fans...

Thank you for your replies. This does sounds like a good system, however, is it worth the expense compared to lesser quality units.

You could go to Lennox's builder 13 SEER. Not sure how much it will save but sure cheaper built. Going to a lower priced furnace means you sacrifice something. First step would be going from variable speed blower to standard blower. Big diff in price. Won't get the low speed constant fan or SEER boost or dehumidification capability. Then going to single stage furnace will cut the cost even more.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by hydropfiz
    Thank you for your replies. This does sounds like a good system, however, is it worth the expense compared to lesser quality units.

Two stage,dehumidification increased,able to afford to run fan 24/7,all things that increase your comfort,and likely a better standard warranty as well.

What's Your comfort worth to you?Not being a wiase guy,just think 15 years times 365 days is 5479,divide that into the extra cost.

So at $1.00 a day you could spend $5479.00 ,what do you spend for extra comfort,in a car, bed,furniture,etc.,etc..

Now ,about Puron!LOL