What do you think about getting a company that does plumbing in addition to HVAC to install a central air system? Are they jack of all trades, master of none and should I go with a company that just does HVAC? Sounds like the obvious answer is to go with the HVAC only guys but maybe I'm wrong.

in my area at least
    there are lots of very talented guys who do all 3
    lots of good companies that do plumbing heating and a/c
    get some refrences and see how there work is and see what they have to offer

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    It depends,I'd look at how long they have been doing both.Lot combos in recnet years ,and there are usually better at what the did first,rather then their newest venture.

Cool

its not like the will send same guy for plumbing and a/c problem or at least where im at we have plumbers,a/c & heat service guys and installers

The company I work for has 2 seperate departments, sometimes I go on a A/c call and one of our plumbers will be at the same house with his head in a toilet or something.

Almost all of the companies around here that do both have different crews to do everything. Although I've seen some guys who do both plumbing and heating very very well. I've also seen some who couldn't do one or the other to save thier lives.

If you're really bored do some searching for how to select a good contractor.... I'm sure you'll get tons of criteria to help you choose.

I work for a Company that does Plumbing but we are different I dont want a terd chaser working on my AC or do I want a AC Tech working on my toilet

Originally posted by hvac35tec
    I work for a Company that does Plumbing but we are different I dont want a terd chaser working on my AC or do I want a AC Tech working on my toilet
    same here, we have separate hvac and plumbing depts. how does the old saying go?

cold's on the left, hot's on the right and **** runs uphill.

that's what i keep telling my boss.