+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX10

Post Likes
    s2sam,

I'm sure that everything you have said is true. There is a huge install base for N2 and making people rip our perfectly good controllers on a massive scale is not in anyone's best interest.

But from where I'm standing that simply means that N2 gateways will be around for a very long time. I'm not sure brand-new N2 controllers will be.

But it's all just a hunch right now.

-B

Post Likes
    All these warm and fuzzies and yet you are continuing down this road.....

Good luck and God bless ya

Post Likes
    CCIKelly, I have an FX20 in the building right now, with an FX07 on N2 doing some small tower work. (I plan to get started with that) I will certainly have to add numerous additional FX20/60/70 devices to handle the 580 heat pumps that this project will eventually have, just to handle the address count. I expect point count to be about 10 per heat pump, so I will be at about 6000 points when done. 9 floors w/ 1 trunk per floor = 4 to 5 FX60s when complete, carrying about 1200 points each. That is if there is 10 per unit, and the points wont do much. Mass, but staggered s/s routines, temperature status and alarm monitoring, some mass setpoint changes. We will certainly need FXServer by the end. See any big problems with this plan? Anyone?

Post Likes
    You have "A"single device that costs squat tied into a JACE that could not even think about taking on an additional 580 nodes and yet???

Why??

Why not re-think this knowing what you know now?

Post Likes
    I am open to suggestions. I am not the king of this stuff but I need to be in the face of my customer. That is why I am on here looking to learn and chat with the folks who have taken the butt-kickins. How would you approach this project? The only constant at this time is FX supervisory.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prostock View Post
    I am open to suggestions. I am not the king of this stuff but I need to be in the face of my customer. That is why I am on here looking to learn and chat with the folks who have taken the butt-kickins. How would you approach this project? The only constant at this time is FX supervisory.
    Why not tell them the truth about it and go from there???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    s2sam,

I'm sure that everything you have said is true. There is a huge install base for N2 and making people rip our perfectly good controllers on a massive scale is not in anyone's best interest.

But from where I'm standing that simply means that N2 gateways will be around for a very long time. I'm not sure brand-new N2 controllers will be.

But it's all just a hunch right now.

-B
    Good day BACNet,

Indeed, I suspect that there will not be a company or companies making a complete product line that is strictly N2 based. However, N2 and MS/TP share the same electrical interface (RS485) and so it is rather trivial to have the same hardware that has different firmware versions to support MS/TP, N2, etc... As an example, virtually all of our newer hardware has RS485, Ethernet, gobs of power/RAM/Flash, and is field re-programmable (so the user can change from one protocol to another in the field)... consequently we can support N2, BACNet MS/TP, BACNet I/P, TCP/IP, Modbus, etc... If we can do it, and we are a small company, a number of other companies that are significantly larger than us can as well. Whether or not they want to is another issue altogether...

Cheers,

Sam

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prostock View Post
    Good day Prostock,

Like I said in an earlier post, I know of a couple of reasonably sized FX-07 projects (connected to FX-60, etc) that are somewhat on hold for the various people to decide what to do given the FX-07, etc notice of discontinuance. I know in one case there was an issue in being able to find 30 or 40 FX-07s for one portion of the project... some were eventually found, but what will supply be like in 4-6 months from now? Hard to say, as it is anyone's guess. All I know is that I am glad that I am not the one making the decision... Sorry, I cannot be more help!

Cheers,

Sam

Post Likes
    This job is FX10 OEM style boards factory programmed supplied in water water source heat pumps. It is the FX10 that is in question. All I would do is map them up and do some S/S and setpoint control. Currently N2 is winning the conversation.

I would not think of using the other FX controllers due for discontinuation to layout this job. I am inquiring of the life of the FX10 to the JCI rep and will see from there.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in