I did a search on this, didn't find anything. Apologies though if I'm covering old ground...

VisionPro 8320 with outdoor sensor, heat pump and gas aux. furnace.

Quoting from the "Advanced Features" section of the install manual for a heat pump with fossil fuel aux. heat and outdoor sensor:

OPERATION IN HEAT MODE ABOVE BALANCE POINT (OUTDOOR TEMP)
    When the outdoor temp is above the Balance Point temp, only the compressor operates and the fan (G terminal) energizes when the thermostat calls for heat.

OPERATION IN HEAT MODE BELOW BALANCE POINT (OUTDOOR TEMP)
    When the outdoor temp is below the Balance Point temp, only the Fossil Fuel (aux heat) operates and the fan (G terminal) does not entergize when the thermostat calls for heat.

When it says for heat mode below the balance point that "the fan does not energize when the tstat calls for heat", does that mean the tstat is turning over control of the air handler to the furnace?

Thanks in advance.

That subject line was supposed to include the words "Balance Point" but for some reason that string was deleted when I submitted the post. Sorry about that.

You may want the tech who installed this to reprogram the stat and take away the book. You can really screw up your system with the settings on that t-stat.

Depending on your setup the furnace and the heatpump should not run at the same time.

The fan is controlled by the stat when heatpump is on. The furnace controls the fan when gas furnace is on.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Yes that's what that means.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.