Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    To avoid sweating, don't hold your breath while turning wrenches.

SO does his truck have real ac (not the kind of ac that works by driving 65 on the freeway with the window down!)

Secondly its a ****ty world when people bag people for sweating both the customer and the employeer.

I have found office dwellers to be completly unrealistic when it comes to indoor comfort. realisticly they are completly clueless about how hot it is up on the roof. The less they know how much hvac costs the more they nitpick about the hvac.

So I show up sweaty to fix their ac and they are going to bag me via a sneaky call to the office. well thats going to cost them lots of repairs next time baby sure they don't directly pay the bill but triple net can be a ***** eh!
    Hey you employers how about you pay for the laundry service and supply us with say 5 changes a day and I'll happily put a clean shirt on every call and how about a company towel or two to wipe the sweat off, while your at it get me real ac for the truck eh!
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Frown He gave him a chance!!!

"our company has had 4 complaints"
    "We told him to see a doctor"
    "He got pissed"
    "The complaining customers don’t want him in their buildings"

You guys are brutal! Looks to me like Lowtemp’s company gave this guy a chance to look into a problem of a customer complaint. If 4 different customers don't want a tech in their building that is their right, the same right we have not to service an account we don’t want. If Lowtemp’s company talked to this guy about a problem and he ignored the complaints then he deserves to be teminated. Lowtemp also said he wasn't a very good tech which I am sure would be the reason for his temination. His attitude toward the concern for a customer complaint would be another reason for termination. We all have a tech who may be a boarderline tech but we all didn't start out knownig what we know. We tolerate a less talented tech to give them a chance to get better. If a boarderline tech gives notice or chalks up too many cons against him we don't keep them around.

If lowtemp’s company didn’t approach this guy with tact and respect then shame on them but it doesn’t appear so and from what I’ve read on this site lowtemp is a straight forward person and not deserving of these attacks.

Just my opinoin

Re: He gave him a chance!!!

Originally posted by webea/c

Lowtemp’s
    don’t want.
    What's up with those symbols in the words?
    Get back to work.

It's probably a Masons thing, maybe.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Sweating

Look I never sweated before the way I do now, but I have to take arthritis medication. What I do is just crank the a/c down between calls and I buy this cheap bottle of spray cologne. Our Co. nylon gray shirts usually dries out before the next call and I carry lots of towels and wash them every day. I have not read half of these formats but if you fire a man for that reason without trying to come up with some solutions to his problem, I would have to say no I better not.
    My customers feel sorry for me in this heat and well understand since they also have to go outside or in their attic from time to time.
    Look just try this, Have him take two or three shirts, nylon dries the quickest. Go to Wal Mart and for 6.00 a bottle you can buy this BOLD type cologne spray, and have a dozen or so towels.
    After the first call while in the truck remove the shirt with the air on then dry off with a towel, use just a couple of sprays then the new shirt and its done. I also hang my shirt in the path of the air to help it dry out and keep right on going. That same shirt may have once been sweaty but when dry and a few sprays of cologne its almost like new, just dont crowd the customer.

The dog only new his master was on the otherside and ran in, excited to be there!
    With a quote like this and a keyboard that types Farsi

I think hes a terrorist posing as a sales guy who has service techs working for him

The only reson I went through all of the postings was to see a hot chick sweating.....what a disapointment..

Originally posted by dhvac
    I sweat like a pig so I change shirts a few times a day when its real hot

If you are worried about it issue them a few extra uniforms and ask them to change when the get soaked they will probably be more comfortable anyway
    Plus make sure everyone is getting enough SALT to retain much of the water they consume.

Also, make sure people in the sun are wearing something on their heads.

Whenever I see a guy outside working and NOT wearing a suitable hat .... I get the impression he is a novice.
    I got $58 invested in a Tilley hat. It really works to keep the sun off your brain and out of your face.

And sun stroke or heat exhaustion is VERY REAL!!!

Originally posted by R12rules
    Whenever I see a guy outside working and NOT wearing a suitable hat .... I get the impression he is a novice.
    After six years I consider myself a novice since there is so much to learn...but not wearing a hat shouldn't contribute to one's assumption of anothers experience in the field.

I'm not really a hat person.
    Get back to work.

I was suprized that Lowtemp started this thread, I just thought it was a momentary lack of good judgement.

Lowtemp I like reading your posts.

I also think you want this guy gone, but this is a lame way to get rid of a guy.

Speaking of sweating, I've not been dry since Monday.

Yesturday a customer stood over me with a piece of cardboard for three and a half hours to shade me as I moved his unit. He was a great guy.

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    Speaking of sweating, I've not been dry since Monday.

Yesturday a customer stood over me with a piece of cardboard for three and a half hours to shade me as I moved his unit. He was a great guy.
    The homeowner we're doing work for also helped us out today. We're converting one of his systems from a single zone to a two zone system. We are incorportating his master bedroom, bath, closet and study into the new zone and having to cut in new ceiling registers as the old floor registers are being abandoned. Today, he was locating them for us. I think he liked doing it, as he is by trade an architect. Sure helped us out. Especially when one of the boots didn't fall center with one of the windows in the bedroom. He ended up cutting out part of the ceiling joist so the boot would fit underneath it, which would fall center with the window.

He also drilled the holes and cut out the sheetrock down the first floor wall for us to run the lineset. It was a nice straight shot. This part was done well before we even started the job.

I told him my boss needs to add him to the payroll.
    Get back to work.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast