Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    They only complain if you get grease on their car.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Originally posted by dhvac
    just sounds better than I sweat like a fat guy who is out of shape and smokes too much
    I thought for sure you were talking about me until you mentioned the smoking part.

I'd have to bet that if this guy performed well at his job in the company...he'd stay no matter how much he sweat.

Sweating is part of our job. If this guy smells as bad as he sweats...that could be a problem. But if it's just wetness...customers should know how hot it is outside and know we go into attics or crawlspaces all day long. We are bound to sweat in this line of work...whether it's installation or service. There's no way around it.

If they are looking for that perfect tech that comes to the door dressed in ironed slacks and wrinkle free shirts during the summer...sorry.
    Get back to work.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by majormickey
    Sweating doesn't look professional. If it doesn't look good to you, it won't look good to them.
    Neither does being covered in grease. But do you complain when you go pick your car up at the mechanic?
    He's in Canada. They have only seen pictures of people sweating there.
    LOL...that explains it.
    Get back to work.

I don't have the words to describe what a imoral person you may be. I didnt sweat profusely until about a year ago when I had brain surgury, now I sweat profusly. I am a fat guy, but I havent smoked for years and I dont over eat or eat excessive amounts of bad food. Everything that I apear to be now was because of my brain problem and I will probably sweat profusly for the rest of my shorter than normal life. I work with people who mostly are degenerates that have no other recourse and they all do more work physically than most of you could imagin, it's how things get done in this world. I work with a guy who drinks a lot of beer and he sweats up a storm and I swear you could tell what type of beer he was drinking the night before. Ya know, the guy is one of the best workers in our band. It's the guy that dont sweat that's the slacker, that is the slug that everyone has to sweat to make up for. It's this kind of in-human attitude and intolerance that makes me think everytime I hear a guy going postal I think they all probably deserved it to some extent. I say fire the guy and when he goes postal and shoots a cap in you spine and leaves you paralized and pissing yourself because you can't make it up the ramp to the bathroom, you might just see what this guy felt from you, only it will be too late to make amends for you shamefull attitude.

Hire a female tech. I love it when a female sweats

this guy could also have arteries that are so clogged that he should be or soon will be ...well ya know

Originally posted by John(Chicago)
    I don't have the words to describe what a imoral person you may be. I didnt sweat profusely until about a year ago when I had brain surgury, now I sweat profusly. I am a fat guy, but I havent smoked for years and I dont over eat or eat excessive amounts of bad food. Everything that I apear to be now was because of my brain problem and I will probably sweat profusly for the rest of my shorter than normal life. I work with people who mostly are degenerates that have no other recourse and they all do more work physically than most of you could imagin, it's how things get done in this world. I work with a guy who drinks a lot of beer and he sweats up a storm and I swear you could tell what type of beer he was drinking the night before. Ya know, the guy is one of the best workers in our band. It's the guy that dont sweat that's the slacker, that is the slug that everyone has to sweat to make up for. It's this kind of in-human attitude and intolerance that makes me think everytime I hear a guy going postal I think they all probably deserved it to some extent. I say fire the guy and when he goes postal and shoots a cap in you spine and leaves you paralized and pissing yourself because you can't make it up the ramp to the bathroom, you might just see what this guy felt from you, only it will be too late to make amends for you shamefull attitude.
    And then get A##f##k#d by some big orderly, right, John?

still waiting for an answer, does his van have ac?

lowtemp,

Buisness might be buisness, but I feel your being a real BAD buisness person, at least a very difficult and uncarring employer, possibly even a lower level of a definition of being human.

I would NEVER work for anyone who fired a fellow worker who was a good tech and had a physical problem. If the person had an odor than that is different, but sweating isn't something you fire someone for.

Personally, I think your buisness practice stinks more than the employee you would fire. If you were half the buisness person you think you are you would assign him to a different possition or create a different possition for him.

One of these days you may not be so perfect yourself.

I would and I HAVE told customers to go with another company if they have a problem with a good tech that has nothing to do with the quality of service or security. I guess every dollar being made isn't as important to me as to you, PEOPLE mean something to me, and I hope someday you will see the value of the people who work hard enough to sweat so you can live in your big expensive house.

Please BE offended by my post, your ideology offends me very much. It is your exact attitude that has caused our society to fall from one who cares for their neighbor to one who believes in screwing the other before they screw you.

Enjoy your millions of dollars, when you are old and all have left you maybe you will enjoy the company of a person who may not have the same perfections as yourself.

Rich

I just got fired today because I wear contacts.
    Get back to work.

I also sweat a lot being a hairy guy. My daughter was watching a nature channel show last week and they were showing Orangutans at a southern zoo. She said "Boy, that must be hot and I said "Yes, it is!"

Our company has gotten much more safety aware and we recently went to all cotton uniforms with all long sleeve shirts for protection against burns but the guys are burning up in these things. We're probably running a bigger risk of someone having heat exhaustion.

Originally posted by btj steamfitter / ref
    still waiting for an answer, does his van have ac?
    TWICE BINGO or BINGO-BINGO

[b]I don't have the words to describe what a imoral person you may be. I didnt sweat profusely until about a year ago when I had brain surgury, now I sweat profusly. I am a fat guy, but I havent smoked for years and I dont over eat or eat excessive amounts of bad food. Everything that I apear to be now was because of my brain problem and I will probably sweat profusly for the rest of my shorter than normal life. I work with people who mostly are degenerates that have no other recourse and they all do more work physically than most of you could imagin, it's how things get done in this world. I work with a guy who drinks a lot of beer and he sweats up a storm and I swear you could tell what type of beer he was drinking the night before. Ya know, the guy is one of the best workers in our band. It's the guy that dont sweat that's the slacker, that is the slug that everyone has to sweat to make up for. It's this kind of in-human attitude and intolerance that makes me think everytime I hear a guy going postal I think they all probably deserved it to some extent. I say fire the guy and when he goes postal and shoots a cap in you spine and leaves you paralized and pissing yourself because you can't make it up the ramp to the bathroom, you might just see what this guy felt from you, only it will be too late to make amends for you shamefull attitude.

ohhh boy

[Edited by pjs on 07-22-2005 at 09:39 PM]

You have

Originally posted by lowtemp
    our company has had 4 complaints about one of our techs sweating profusly. I guess some of the women in there were offended. He wears cotton t-shirts under his uniform yet he still get drenched. We told him to see a doctor it could be a heart condition. He got pissed. Now i think we should just fire him.The complaining customers dont want him in their buildings. Now we have problem!
    To have a screw loose!! It's hot!! People Sweat!! It's the law of thermodynamics!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast