Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    This is stupid. I sweat alot. It is not by me wanting to but because that is how god made me. Someone that would fire someone for sweating is not someone most of us would work for. I hope you think about this and how low a person would have to be to do it. If it causes you to lose some customers so be it. DUC DOWG

Talking

Send him down for a drug test.people on drugs sweat like pigs, especially on 100+degree days---thats a sure sign of being on drugs

that statement is just about as dumb as firing him because he sweats..As long as he does not smell like he hasnt showered i a week I would explain the customers attitudes to him and explane to the customers that is is hot out side and there is no ac on out there

I just have to laugh at this one. Heck if I get a chance with a little time in between calls and Im by the house, I will jump in the shower. I'm usally sweaty and dirty when its hot and when Im doing 10 to 14 hour days.... now I have never had anyone complain to me about that but if I did I would advise them that I could go home and clean up and just add the time to their bill. Just one little advantage to being the boss and a huge quantanty of the customers have known me for years and know the hours I put in. lol I dont think they would dare say anything being I have been known to fire customers. I know what are saying about looking professional but sometimes you cant help it on 100 degree days and 10 or 12 calls in front of you , to not look refreshed. Maybe its just me but I really dont let that type of thing worry me....never have never will. Now if a guy just looks like a slob because he is then thats another thing. If he looks that way being he is a real hard worker ....I might want to think about giving him a raise then to ***** at what he looks like at the time.

[Edited by dec on 07-19-2005 at 11:19 PM]

I went to a job today at 5:00 after a full day of working.My shirt was wet as could be.That woman was happy to see me no matter how wet i was. She just wanted to be cool.

Originally posted by lowtemp
    our company has had 4 complaints about one of our techs sweating profusly. I guess some of the women in there were offended. He wears cotton t-shirts under his uniform yet he still get drenched. We told him to see a doctor it could be a heart condition. He got pissed. Now i think we should just fire him.The complaining customers dont want him in their buildings. Now we have problem!
    You've got to be ****ing kidding. Does he stink? The extra uniforms might help.

Send someone else to the account, or is he the only one that can do the work? Then you really do have a problem.

You know I went to the doctor,paid deductibles,& listened to this **** on the other end.I do not do drugs & only drink a few times a year.I sweat so much that if I wear antipersperant it becomes very uncomfortable & causes a rash under my arm weather it be hypoallergenic or not.I have tried every brand made.I sweat even when it is -4 out.I sweat so much that I get up in the middle of the night to change the bed sometime twice even.I get so wet it is like I just ran under a sprinkler just on the 5 min ride to work.Is there anything wrong with me?no.I would bet good money I sweat way more than this guy ever has.Give the guy extra shirts & ask him to change shirts before going on a new call.as for firing him....that has got to be the single most dumbass thing I have heard on this site to date!Pull your head out of your ass & learn how to deal with your employee's & customers or flip burgers somewhere you idiot!!!!The next time you get a call like that tell them.........you do know it is over 100 deg on the roof he came off of.Don't you think you would sweat too if you lugged tools parts etc. up there?
    Take your time & do it right!

if our sweaty tech is going to cost us customers im afraid he has to go. business is business.

Sounds like the kind of company I'd be happy to get fired from. What the hell, you can probably get three or four Mexicans for his salary and they're pretty much used to the heat allready, right?
    It Is What It Is

our sweaty tech isnt that good anyway ,so losing him would not be a great loss. You have to admit though. When you walkin to a customers building and you are sweating up a storm they do give you that up and down look.

Sweating is just the first sign...I'll bet if you watch him close enough you'll notice:

He goes to the bathroom!
    His hair and fingernails grow. (toenails too I bet!)
    When it gets cold enough I bet he shivers.
    Can coughs, sneezes, burps and farts be left out?
    I'll bet when it's windy his eyes water.

Sounds to me like you have a human being in your midsts.
    Better get rid of him before it rubs off ... *******!
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

our sweaty tech isnt that good anyway ,so losing him would not be a great loss. You have to admit though. When you walkin to a customers building and you are sweating up a storm they do give you that up and down look.
    Then fire him because he isn't up to your job standards. Don't cop out with the you sweet too much.

Yes, it is unpleasent for someone to stumble into your business or dripping with sweet. Ask him to put on a new shirt before he goes in, and make it a policy for everyone.

I would push the issue of going to a doctor first.

Like someone said, it could be a health or drug problem.

If you have a drug policy and he tests positive, then you have grounds to dismiss him without using the sweating issue as his means for dismissal.

You might have to have everyone get a physical also.....but that's not such a bad idea either.

Whatever you do, cover your ass.

never tried it but have you thought about something like this
    http://www.underarmour.com/Product.c...id=1&coll_id=2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    [BThen fire him because he isn't up to your job standards. Don't cop out with the you sweet too much.
    Lynn is absolutely correct on this. So often when there is a "problem" it has more than one cause. Be it in a refrigeration system or personel relations.

Sounds to me like there are other reasons to fire this guy, in your mind, and that the sweating is just the straw that breaks the camels back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast