Thread: York flat coil size help please

Post Likes
    My brother just bought a house with a York flat coil model# M2UF032AA in it, the numbers on the cond unit are worn and cant be read, but the compressor name tag and this coil # lead me to believe it is a 2.5 ton unit, he needs a new cond unit and would to go with a 3 ton unit, my question is can change the orifice on this coil and get 3 tons out of it?

Post Likes
    Normally used with 2.5 ton system. Why hack a new outdoor unit on that POS coil. Those had lots of condensate leak problems.

Hello Harold? Here's a customer for you

If you're in the biz and can buy equipment, you know a new coil isn't that much more and will save on energy costs plus better for performance and the life of the unit.

Post Likes
    Is there even an orifice to change?
    Most of those old flat York coils used cap tubes, and don't work very well with a new 10 SEER condensor.

Post Likes
    get rid of that P O S coil.

Post Likes
    Loonies right with the condensate leak problems, also some Ive found when the a/ first shuts off, they make a very loud, vibration/ humming like a loud train noise for about 15 seconds, its very loud in beginning, then as the secs. go on its fades away very anoying, I had one in my house used to do it, put in new Trane 80% with cased coil, and Trane electronic air filter. I wish I went with the 4" bear intead I think there a wast of money, you have to keep them clean, high maint.

Post Likes
    Replace that Antique coil, its served its purpose.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in