I have a 2400 sqft house. House faces north, 2 rooms along the west side and 2 room along the east and the kitchen and family at the back and the formal living and dining at in the center.
    I have lived in this place for 16 months. I have never had any luck in coolong the 2 rooms that are along the east side of the house. I set my thermostat at 77 deg and one room reads 84 deg and the other reads 80 deg. The builder has come out with many HVAC contractors and have many air balances on the whole system and nothing seems to work. They tell me its getting the flow that the engineer called for. Now they thing they should place another thermostat in that area. I don’t like the idea because this would make my a/c work harder and also make the other areas cooler.
    When they did the air balance test, the total amount of air coming into the house was 2238 cfm and the total air in the two returns that I have was 1443 cfm. I think there is a problem because where is the extra 800 cfm coming fro.

Any test ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.
    Thank You!

Darnit. I thought this post was going to be about cheesy snacks covered in flaky pastry shells.

It faces east, so sun whouldn't be too much of an issue except early in the day. Do you have solar screens to cover those windows?

What is the attic exposure like above those rooms?

Is it like this when to doors are opened as not to restrict airflow?

Good luck-

I have solar screens placed on all windows. The roof over the rooms get suns, but the builder indtalled additional vents in the roof calle ohagen vents. Also, now they tell me that they would like to install an additional return air duct in the area. Do you think this will help the cooling.
    Thanks!

Every time I see that subject line I get hungry....

Yes, more air flow is always good, but only up to a point.

This is a feasble solution, but my concern is you might have a heat load from somewhere that is casuing the temp rise. Do you have computer(s) running or lots of exterior walls?

Sounds like you are headed down the right path.

Call the engineer
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Have you checked the ceiling and wall insulation in the hot rooms? This frequently is the cause of hot or cold room problems. An infrared therometer is very useful for such investigations.