Stop paying rent, but you have to put the rent money in an escrow account at your bank. Send him a cetified letter, when he files suit for non-payment of rent also send his lawyer a letter stating the money is in escrow. Let him explain to the judge why he wouldn't fix the A/C.
By a window unit and save the reciept for it and the service calls you paid for to show the judge.