Thread: fan relay

I am replacing a fan relay on a carrier unit, the relay is a white rogers no. 90 -380 my ? is why ar there 240 volts to this relay.130 line one i30 from seq.on heat trips. relay wireing 24 volt from t stat, med speed tap, hi speed tap, 230 volt tap. why do you need 230 volts on this relay?

Because you have a 240 volt motor.LOL.

Ihave a 130 volt common going direct to the motor , i still do not see why you need 3 power lines it is not a 3 phs. Normaly you have 130 volts feeding your speeds on your relay.most of the time you have 130 volts feeding your fan speed , i wire from your heat strips to keep fan runing when heat strips are on .

You're correct Mikey..what you have is 1spno and 1 spnc relay,control volt is 24 volt.

You must be reading thru the relay when open,it will show 240 volts,because its a parell circuit.

Always refer back to the wiring diagram of the equipment you're working on that should answer any question that you have.

The fan relay is only for turning the fan on in cooling or fan on mode. the sequencer turns on the fan in heating mode. the sequencer is connected to the NC terminal on the relay so that it has control over the fan when the relay is not energized.

The wireing info is gone, Get confussed more now at 65 than a few yr.s ago 70 hrs aweek for 45 yr.s gets old ha. ha.
    thanks ps. you can always use age for your prob.