Details:
    1 Atlanta, Ga. metro population 800,000 and growing.
    2 Moving to a six year old lake house with 2 heat pumps. County population: 20,000. No traffic. No traffic.
    3 Home Inspector said: Please have a licensed HVAC Tech. lookat the heat pumps. All I can so is a visual.

So I turn to the pros. My wife said I am being hard on the seller but I said nope. My hard earned money is going to ensure I am getting comfort!!

I am going to present this to the realtor on Wed. If you the pros. help me think this thing out. Anything you would add or delete?
    ===========================
    Special Stipulations:
    1. At the seller’s expense inspection of HVAC system by licensed HVAC contractor to ensure:
    a. System has no Freon leaks and is at proper Freon charge,
    b. Duct and registers are properly insulated,
    c. Filters are changed,
    d. Air handler / condenser / line set inspection to report deficiency’s,
    e. Air flow from registers is of sufficient volume and temperature per HVAC standards,
    f. Report on general condition of the system and anticipated life expectancy,
    g. Report to be provided to buyer,
    h. Seller will have the right to remediation at seller’s expense,
    i. And HVAC contractor to provide to buyer their name of business, address, telephone number and state of Georgia HVAC license number.
    =================

Now is not that I don't trust the seller but.......!!! This is one of the major systems in a house.

ONE last question: Should I ask for a home warranty? I've seen some posts that looks like the HO is getting a ride to no where. It will cost the seller 350 bucks but I don't want to ask for it if it is worthless.

Comments would be appreciated. I just want to get this one right. Alls I want to worry about is what kind of bait should I used on the hook to fish at Lake Hartwell. Not how am I going to find the money to fix something after I own it.

Thanks.

i would have the system inspected at YOUR expense.if you pay the bill ,you get the answers.

population and traffic have no bearing on your question. a heat pump only concerns you. (of course it may be a 2 hour call to have someone service your systems, so be prepared for that).

forget the home warranty, not worth the paper it's printed on(why else would they sell it?). put the 350 annually into a seperate repair account and earn some $ while it sits. as opposed to them earning $ while it sits.

try rubber wigglys.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We charge 5 times as much for "e",as the rest of the list,and "a" would require a complete leak check as the seller could have had it charged the day before.

Just have it evaluated by an HVAC contractor. You paid for the inspection, you pay for the service call. If the seller contracts the contractor, the information belongs to him, not you. You're buying a used house, and as much a I hate to say it, you need to have it looked at to protect your investment, the seller is simply selling his old house and might just turn down your offer if he feels this is going to get into a pissing contest.

Better yet, offer a couple grand less and have a new system installed when you move in.