Thread: Compressor problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Confused

Hi,
    (I'll apologize up front for the long post!)
    I'm a homeowner who has had some a/c problems. I have two a/c systems in my 7 year old house, a gaspack downstairs and (I guess) a two component system for upstairs.
    About a month ago, my downstairs a/c (gaspak) stopped working. I called a company with whom I've dealt with (very happily) fo the past 7 or 8 years. I was told the compressor had died and I got it replaced. About three weeks later, my downstairs a/c again stopped working. I had the same company (different individual) come out and then told me
    - the compressor was dead
    - the condensor coil is leaking and had refrigerant on it
    - the evaporator coil had a leak
    - the heat exchanger had a crack

I'm a complete novice here so please excuse any ignorance in my questions
    The compressor died very quickly after installation - could it have cause any of the problems with the condensor coil?

I'm sure some (if not all of the problems) were there the first time I had the compressor replaced.

I was given an estimate to repair the system but was told I'd be must better off replacing it.

Having said that, I now have a Goodman system - two different companies have said that I should avoid Goodman while another recommended it. Is that too much of a blanket statement? From reading other posts, I've learned that the installation is as important or more important than the quality of the actual system.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank you
    (again, sorry for the long post)

Post Likes
    You need to call the owner of that company and ask him your questions. Based on what you have said you should have been told all those problem exsisted with the unit when the first compressor failed. I would ask for credit on the compresor change out and replace the unit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in