Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sunday ,needles,ca. 125deg.

Originally posted by bigbird
    Sunday ,needles,ca. 125deg.
    Damn...any humidity over there adding to that crazy temp?
    Get back to work.™

NO, i think it`s about 10% max. it`s in the mojave desert
    near blithe,batstow & bakersfield or other wise known as the gateway to hell.

How did it get the name gateway to hell?
    Get back to work.™

I named it. I use to drive a set of doubles through there & always said this is intering hell.

Theres another little town close by ,it`s name is furnace creek. The highest recorded temp.there was 141 deg.

bigbird, it must be easy to cook them chickens when it is that hot. Just pluck em, draw em and throw em on the hood of the pickup.

If I lived there I wouuld drink a lot of beer. The reason I say that is because I drink a lot of beer now and its only 85°F.

ONLY 107°?
    Sunday it hit 117° and the monsoons are starting so we are getting some humidity (10-35%) also.
    It makes for LOONNGG 12 hr plus days..
    It will cool down to 104° this weekend with Thunder Storms...

Yuma,

(P.S. I'm posting this while eating lunch in between calls)

What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Good Luck....I Though 95 With 85% RH Was Bad.....It Looks Like It's Just Plain To Hot.......Car hood Chicken Taste Good!!!
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

O, i think it`s about 10% max. it`s in the mojave desert

BB:

isnt that where Death Valley is located?

theres an old thought, Do you remember the show Death Valley Days and the 20 mule team Borax commercials

It gets in the 90's here and thatis hot. I could not imagine 107, 115. Thats got to be miserable.

Originally posted by ct2
    O, i think it`s about 10% max. it`s in the mojave desert
    isnt that where Death Valley is located?

10% Max humidity????? What about the rain drops I was counting when it was 105°
    Also Blythe is on the Colorado River and Needles also. Barstow and Bakersfield are Hundreds of miles away from them and each other. (For the people back east that's like in another state or two)

In the Southwest Desert it can and dose get humid. Yes only 40% but with 100 plus temps......

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

Sun Safety for Saint Paul, MN (55101)

Friday, July 22, 2005

12:00 noon - 5:00 PM

Recommended SPF

During this time, you will be exposed to 7 times the UV radiation level that causes skin damage.

Take the following steps to protect yourself:

Wear a wide-brimmed hat, UV-protective sunglasses and a long-sleeved shirt. Consider limiting the amount of time you spend outside.

Generously apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 which blocks out 97% of the burning UV rays. Use about an ounce of lotion per application and apply it directly to one area at a time so you don't miss any areas.

People with all skin types can and do get burned in the sun. Regardless of skin type, people with a large number of moles or freckles have a higher risk of developing melanoma and should take extra precautions.

If your job requires that you spend time outside, make sure you apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to all exposed areas of your body year round. Always wear a shirt and hat. Remember that a tightly woven fabric provides greater protection than loosely woven fabric does. If you can see light through a fabric, UV rays can get through too.

As you get older, your skin becomes increasingly sensitive. Therefore, older people need extra protection from the sun. Also, be aware that many medications (certain antibiotics, heart and blood pressure medicines, antihistamines, and antidepressants) can cause photosensitive reactions when you are exposed to sunlight.

Recommendations for the first 10 days are based on actual forecast conditions. Recommendations beyond the first 10 days assume clear skies and present the worst-case scenario based on the highest amount of radiation exposure.
    All recommendations have been reviewed and validated by a panel of medical experts participating in The Weather Channel's SunReady campaign.

Today probably didn't even go above 90 but it felt worse than other days recently. I think the humidity was about 50% so you felt drained in a few minutes.

Back to the roof tomorrow with a wide straw hat, white shirt, bucket of ice water not just liters of ice, and the good ole umbrella. Then about three pm I will do a rain dance north of 94.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast