Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking

NOTHING ! there is nothing nice about 100 + degree temps especially on a sunday

Have you ever noticed your local weather persons (on our evening news anyway) they sound so dissapointed when we arent breaking some so sort of a heat record . Funnel clouds are another one they love to report on here.Its almost like they live for the next record breaking heat wave

Also remember when there was no heat index to tell how hot it appears to be.

Smile Heat wave

Those people just live for weather changes. I have seen pictures on TV of some weather guy tieing himself to a post on a beach, and reporting while a hurricane is coming in! I think this is the way they get off.

Talking

The Insatiable Quest for Sensationalism

CT2, I well remember those blistering days in the Sac Valley. You just want to hunker down in the a/c until nightfall. Heard you guys hit 108 or something yesterday. Not unheard of where I live now, but it seemed more unbearable in Sac due to the dryness of the air.

The TV weather-guessers do live for this kind of stuff. Especially in California, where if the weather isn't making news, it's mostly just nice, easy weather. A funnel cloud in the Sac Valley? Wow! A funnel cloud where I live in Texas? Oh well, just another severe thunderstorm...thank God it didn't become a full blown F5! Flooding in Roseville? Major newsmaker! Flooding in Texas? Hope the levees on the river hold up and the dam on the lake doesn't break (of course they worry about that out at Folsom as well).
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Hmm Shophound

Do you remember the tornado that hit Wichita Falls back in 1975 or so. I think it was about a mile wide.

Re: Shophound

Originally posted by oroy54
    Do you remember the tornado that hit Wichita Falls back in 1975 or so. I think it was about a mile wide.
    I do remember that twister. Also had one bearing down on our house in Dallas that same year. Good thing it ran out of steam before it got close.

I once watched a funnel cloud form right over my house when I was a kid. I had my suspicion what it was but it was just too cool to watch for me to break away and take cover. Next thing I know my friend's riding his bike frantically up to my house in the pouring rain, lightning and hail, pointing to the sky and yelling for me to look up, which I had been until his crazy ass appeared.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Hmm

I have heard lately about some home builders designing a Safe Room in houses around here. I think it is a good idea.

I remember one that went through Oaklahoma a year or so ago that was a mile wide. I have never been through anything like that , I couldnt even imagine that

shophound:

we had a couple of funnel clouds that touched down in yolo county I think it was. Tossed a couple of trailers around

Since 9-11 for security reasons : they closed the Dam road that crosses over folsom dam leaving no other way to cross the dam . Now you have to drive around the lake or past the prison if you are on that side of the lake.

This 100+ degree weather is supposed to last the rest of this week also - a total of 9 days in a row--your right it is very dry , we dont have the humidity like most places but along with that dry heat it is intense

and 9 days of heat out here is reason enough to raise the price of gasoline and electricity

Smile Low 02

You wouldn't even believe the humidity here. I smell the oxygen out of my bottle every once in a while!

Smile Lubbock Tx

I spent a week there one day. Nose bleed. I never get nose bleeds. Chapped lips and and all. Yuck, Roy

It got up to 109 here saturday... then in the 70's sunday. Actually felt cold out sunday!

Bah, I like spring so much better than this summer thing

I walk outside mid morning and sweat doesn't hesitate to start beading on my arms and face. Two minutes later...my shirt is soaked.

Glad I was working in a garage the past few days. Now I move into the attic tomorrow.
    Get back to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast