Thread: Poll: Best brand for central air?

Post Likes
    I thought i would make a poll, and users here, or techs here can chime in on what they think what company makes the overall best air conditioning system and why. As Lennox now makes the most efficient unit on the market. Chime in!

[Edited by wilson502 on 07-18-2005 at 04:43 AM]

Post Likes
    Smells like someone is shopping for a new air conditioner.

:-)

I like ARCOAIRE because they're the flimsiest (sp) and lightest. Makes it easier for me to replace it down the road. I won't throw my back out.

With the ARCOAIRES all you have to do is clip off the 3 little metal strips holding the top down and then step on them like you're smashing beer cans.

Tuck it under your arm and carry it off to the truck and you're gone.

Yeah, I like that.

Post Likes
    negative,just wanting to see what ppl say, thats all.

Post Likes
    A-S, Trane should have a 22 SEER next year according to my sales rep.
    WWG1 WGA

Post Likes
    The best A/C manufactured is the one installed correctly,as has been said numerous times. That said, is a 22seer better than a v/s 14 seer if it costs twice as much? I think it just depends on individual preference, such as Mercedes vs Lexus vs BMW. Also have to look at long-term payback and comfort difference. JMO
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Post Likes
    I bet you a dollar it's more than twice as much,I'm thinking more like thrice.
    WWG1 WGA

Post Likes
    Alot depends on its usage. Where I'm at (Connecticut), a high efficiency model is useless from the HO perspective, since central A/C is used only 3 months of the year for the most part. Comparing a 10 SEER model to a 14 SEER model, whichever brand, is almost double the price. Payback will never happen. I like the slant-top ArcoAires myself, real quiet and quite sturdy. Scroll compressors too, even on the tiny 1.5 ton model.

Post Likes
    i always seemed to think people prefer some brands over others because of design.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by smokin68
    The best A/C manufactured is the one installed correctly,as has been said numerous times. That said, is a 22seer better than a v/s 14 seer if it costs twice as much? I think it just depends on individual preference, such as Mercedes vs Lexus vs BMW. Also have to look at long-term payback and comfort difference. JMO

ditto

Post Likes
    Carrier, actually whatever equipment i install.

Post Likes
    always got to think about warranty amana

Post Likes

Talking

nipondenza or the up comming ponyang units

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in