Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 189
  1. #66
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,308
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by lakeman1234
    Re: James

    It could be worse. You could be from West Virginia or from Newfoundland Canada. They seem to be the butt of quite a few "stupid" jokes
    And when it is all said and done...we are all Americans and some us have paid more than lip service protecting America......and Canada cause they are too cheap to do it.

    OUCH! THAT hurt.... funny, I never heard any 'stupid American' jokes up here north of our border... we DO often pick on our fellow Canadians the Newfies... but NEVER our most revered US Bretheren!

    Too cheap to defend ourselves? I'll have to give that some thought... say... can you loan me twenty bucks James? eh?

    As for me, I think I would have considered not fixing this person's A/C, as he started off with a revelation of his character. Likely never be satisfied with even the most spectacular work. His rudness with abject disregard is no excuse for treating a technician who is about to help you, like this. Regardless of 'getting bad news, grumpy because you discovered you didn't pay enough taxes, your favorite budgie bird died that morning, etc.

    How can anyone feel that it's a diplomacy delicate situation if you are told... "You'll get your water when you fix my A/C!" as anything but disregard to his fellow person. Yes, it's true he will pay for your services, and the parts will be marked up to some degree... but this was beyond being called for.

    I have often dealt with angry customers for many reasons, some are defensive, others accusing, but never one that would set such a condition. This fellow simply set the standard. I would hazard a guess that he has gone through many companys to have work performed in his home, and was similar to many techs.

    "Sir, we are a busy company based on respect and professionalism, and quite frankly, we do not need your work. Please call someone else."
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    newton,mass.
    Posts
    6,109
    One time I didn't offer myself water at my house so I left the A/C broken all weekend. Man i'm such an ahole.



    Also if someone comes to my house to fix the A/C i'll offer them water and a job, good guys are hard to find.


    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

    "Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by ricm
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by lakeman1234
    Re: James

    It could be worse. You could be from West Virginia or from Newfoundland Canada. They seem to be the butt of quite a few "stupid" jokes
    And when it is all said and done...we are all Americans and some us have paid more than lip service protecting America......and Canada cause they are too cheap to do it.

    OUCH! THAT hurt.... funny, I never heard any 'stupid American' jokes up here north of our border... we DO often pick on our fellow Canadians the Newfies... but NEVER our most revered US Bretheren!

    Too cheap to defend ourselves? I'll have to give that some thought... say... can you loan me twenty bucks James? eh?

    Yes. The Canadian Air Force is down to 6 flying Squirrels and 2 Teepee's

  4. #69
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Originally posted by James 3528
    [i]
    Yes. The Canadian Air Force is down to 6 flying Squirrels and 2 Teepee's [/B]

    Yeah but these guys in the Air Force also deliver the mail. Now that's 'Government Efficency"*






    *(I know---an oxymoron.)

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,979
    I think the summary of this thread is all about a-holes. Those who don't behave in basic civility to provide a glass of water, those who are from the South and provoke others to think of them as idiots because they act like it, American Northerners whining about the opinions of Southern idiots, American's in general making idiotic comments about Canadians and Canadians that are too sensitive about the U.S. taking care of them.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    11,808
    Originally posted by James 3528

    And when it is all said and done...we are all Americans and some us have paid more than lip service protecting America......and Canada cause they are too cheap to do it. [/B]
    No one is flying jets into the CN tower either
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

    http://www.ductstrap.com/

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I think the summary of this thread is all about a-holes. Those who don't behave in basic civility to provide a glass of water, those who are from the South and provoke others to think of them as idiots because they act like it, American Northerners whining about the opinions of Southern idiots, American's in general making idiotic comments about Canadians and Canadians that are too sensitive about the U.S. taking care of them.
    LOL I see you are in Penn now

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by Carnak
    Originally posted by James 3528

    And when it is all said and done...we are all Americans and some us have paid more than lip service protecting America......and Canada cause they are too cheap to do it.
    No one is flying jets into the CN tower either [/B]
    I had no idea what the CN tower was until I did a image search. That is pretty impressive. Did a squirrel do much damage?


  9. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    11,808
    See you learn something new everyday
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

    http://www.ductstrap.com/

  10. #75
    Not sure what I would have done, probably sucked it up and fixed it adding on the A-Hole fee of course. Mainly because I would want to be done with it and not think about the jerk all weekend. He will always be a jerk, and if you let jerks get to ya it brings you down with them. When I was done I would have given him the bill and if offered the water said, no thanks, and I would never go back there.

    I would have checked the furnace though, and pee'd in his laundry tub, if I was really mad I may have added some quick dry cement in there too.........
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

  11. #76
    When people work for me they get water, soda and I always offer lunch, usually they say no to lunch, a few times I noticed they didn't have lunch with them and obviously didn't want to leave till they got done, so I made them lunch anyway and gave it to em, and they ate it.
    On the customers end, ya get a better job from a happy worker, right??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by Diceman
    When people work for me they get water, soda and I always offer lunch, usually they say no to lunch, a few times I noticed they didn't have lunch with them and obviously didn't want to leave till they got done, so I made them lunch anyway and gave it to em, and they ate it.
    On the customers end, ya get a better job from a happy worker, right??
    Happy worker ?


    Years back I gave a verbal quote on a simple outdoor only change out to a woman. She made me provide her with every thing except a urine test. Then she said she hated to be difficult but her roofer had SCREWED her. I looked up at the roof in back and it was still missing some shingles. The next day I was putting the unit in and the old man next door came over talked my ear off and was a pretty neat old guy. He told me about the roof and laughed and I asked him what was funny about it and he said that the guy living with her was the roofer. He had never know her before he started the roofing job. She was keeping the worker happy

  13. #78
    Did the ac guy screw her too??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

    www.AskTheDiceman.com

    www.TheColdConspiracy.com

    www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

    Bring Em Home....

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event