Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast
    At a no AC call friday. The customer seemed friendly at first(he was a new customer).I diagnosed problem quickly as a bad condenser fan motor. I happened to have one in my truck. Before i went to get it i decided to ask for a glass of water first,it was 92F outside. He looked at me in disgust and said"you'll get your water after my AC is running!' I just looked at him in shock. At this point he didnt know i had the motor in my truck. So i said" The condenser fan motor is burnt out and unfortunately i wont have one until monday" He was pissed and i left. I felt good of what i did and felt it was justified. Any thoughts?

You did better than I would have tolerated. I would told that mother effer right where to go.

Early on in my career I declared everything within a 10 foot radius of my body an *******-free zone. I generally give each ******* a chance to reconsider his or her position before I remove myself. That customer likely wouldn't have gotten that chance. I'm unsure if I would've dealt with him in exactly the same way you did, it may have been the "I can't fully evaluate the condition of your system without a complete PM, that costs $XXX dollars" or "All our work is done on a COD, paid-in-advance basis, sign here and pay me first" or I might have just packed my stuff and left... My gut tells me he got what he had coming. On the other hand, this didn't get you any closer to a free pass through the pearly gates. Say a few Hail-Marys before work tomorrow and also give a few extra breaks in traffic next week... that aught to get you square with THE MAN before your time comes.

Thumbs up

that was an expensive glass of water he didn't give you...
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

im extra satisfied now. this weekend was wickedly hot and humid. that S.O.B. sweated his nuts off all weekend!

i dont blame you for what you did

Originally posted by maxster
    that was an expensive glass of water he didn't give you...
    Yep. You really showed him.

lowtemp: Is it safe to say that this guy just wasn't pulling your leg? I mean, maybe he was just jazzing you. what was his response after you told him what you could or couldn't do?

I can see where someone might make that comment in jest. You feel confident however, that he was being serious?

I know how that would make you feel. But, don't you have to admit, that even though it was a jerk attitude on his part, he really didn't have any obligation to give you a drink of water?

Now, I'm not saying it was nice, considerate or even the right thing to do on his part, but does it occur to you that you ended up lowering yourself to his level?

What bothers me even more is that there are a lot that feel the 'attitude' displayed on your part was justified and even supported you on it. That does bother me.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

he was serious. After he said it there was a pause and he showed no expression. It's hard to explain facial expressions on the internet,but believe me he was serious.

To Lows customer

You will reap what you sow.

You can get more flies with honey than vinegar.

I can be a bigger one than you.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

I would have just left and not went back but made sure he knew why I was not.

woulda made him sweat, or charged $100 igna fee (ignorant ass)

you didnt lower yourself, you stood up and didnt take flack, he didnt know the motor was there. if you told him already that would have been bad.

you were saving the motor for people that appreciated it

Originally posted by John Lloyd

What bothers me even more is that there are a lot that feel the 'attitude' displayed on your part was justified and even supported you on it. That does bother me.

Why does it bother you?? I think that if they want decant service then it is the least they can do to give you a drink or let you use the restroom and anyone that dosn't deserves to be treated like that or even worse
    jmho

Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast