Converting a gas grill to charcoal

The burners and lines are way too leaky (old and rusty) and since I prefer charcoal grilled food anyways what is the best way to set it up to burn coal while making cleaning somewhat easy? Currently using metal mesh to hold the coals since they need air but most of the ash leaks to the bottom and creates a huge mess. The grill used is pictured below.

EPA 608 certified: Universal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleun494 View Post
    The burners and lines are way too leaky (old and rusty) and since I prefer charcoal grilled food anyways what is the best way to set it up to burn coal while making cleaning somewhat easy? Currently using metal mesh to hold the coals since they need air but most of the ash leaks to the bottom and creates a huge mess. The grill used is pictured below.

Since you are in the trade, bend up a piece of tin and make a pan. Punch some holes in it then lay the bird screen (mesh) in side. When it gets full throw the whole pan out.

OR BUY A NEW CHARCOAL GRILLE !!! $39.95 and up --Home Cheapo.

I gotta experiment with the size of the holes, so far their either too big or small and why let a beautiful grill go to scrap when it can still serve its purpose albeit with a different fuel source

EPA 608 certified: Universal