Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hug your Ladies

This is extremely personal to me but I feel it necessary to share.
    Much has been asked on this site if a one man show can make it in this business. I was 50 when I had this mid-life crisis change, I went to my Doctor and addressed my BP,weight, and some other things I needed to get under control and jumped in...It was all about ME.

June 1st my wife was called for a magnified mammogram, yes she has breast cancer.

I really didn't have a Beaver Cleaver upbringing, been through a lot of terrible stuff in my years. Nothing can relate to how this news affected me..

Mastecomy on June 8th[her left my right] yes I can laugh a little now..Drain tubes to be backwashed and dressing to change for ten days.

July 8th we back to the Oncolgist with pathology reports and find out where we go from here...The cancer was invasive, but since we took the radical surgical route it "seems" they got it all. She will have to take a cancer drug for 5 years and reconstructive surgery down the road{this is very much up to her} I'm just glad to have my wife. WE WERE VERY LUCKY..

What I have found out:
    Don't think of only yourself
    Go to the best Doctors you can
    Never underestimate the power of PRAYER

I will never veiw life the same.

What I ask from yall:
    Encourage the female in your lives to get a mammogram
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES
    Give them a big ole hug just for the hell of it.

Peace
    Stephen

"Value our Differences"

Whats that got to do with being self employed?

You might not have got the time off to be with your wife if you worked for others.

Self employment does not have to ever mean all about you. As for you being out of shape, thats not because you are self employed. That means you have been careless with your health.

I wouldn't dream of getting into this at 50. But being fifty and having done it for 25 years, well that is a much different story. If at 50 you were all about you, thats your mistake. But not should be the reason to advise others not to.

Your wife, unfortunately would be experiencing these health concerns whether you were homeless, self employed or a big time executive.

Your beating yourself up for nothing if your saying that being self employed is the reason for all your woes. It has got nothing to do with it deep down.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post...
    Never mind,
    Stephen
    "Value our Differences"

Well the way I read both the posts, Many D's, is that he went into business for himself with little regard for the welfare of his wife and she supported his wishes.

Now she is in trouble and he realizes what a great woman that he has.

Stephy, Best wishes for your wife's recovery.

Stephen

Our prayers will be with you and yours. Keep us posted.

My best to you and all...

It's sad that sometimes we wait for something drastic to make changes... but, that is the way most of us are.

Hope the healing continues...

Stephy

Good luck to your wife; many women over-come that cancer and live long, fullfilling lifes. The woman I go to for a haircut had both breast removed about 8 years ago, and she is doing,and looking, fine.

Take care of yourself too.....your wife might need a helping hand every once in a while.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Stephy, its funny how life works.

I didnt realize how much my wife meant to me until July 21st of last year when she walked out the door and I filed for divorce. We were seperated 3 months when after alot of prayer and God's work we got back together and our marriage is better than it has ever been, not saying sometimes its not hard, but we value each other now.

Its a hard lesson to learn, many people really dont care, but I hope that the guys on this site can value their wives for who they are and not have to go through something to realize their value.

Can you please post your wife's first name so we can pray for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Know quite a few who have undergone that recently, good luck, life is precious and often ya don't realize what ya have till it a crisis, best wishs and hang in there, things will get better, the prognosis on that is much better these days.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Best of luck to you both, you've been through alot.

i agree mt wife and i almost split up a few years ago
    man you never know what you have till you loose it
    now i make sure i tell her everyday that i love her and i try to do as much as i can with her

best of luck to both of you im sure it will be a hard road ahead and you will need each other to make it through

Originally posted by stephy
    This is extremely personal to me but I feel it necessary to share.
    Much has been asked on this site if a one man show can make it in this business. I was 50 when I had this mid-life crisis change, I went to my Doctor and addressed my BP,weight, and some other things I needed to get under control and jumped in...It was all about ME.

I did not mean to be mean or ruthless in my first reply. I interpreted that one of the ideas you were putting out was that being self employed added to your misery.

I don't wish on anyone what your dealing with and wish you nothing but the best of luck.

Additionally. Self empoloyment rewarded you, allowed you too see what is truly important by knowing you needed to get your own health in order to succeed, and thats a good thing.

Again, no bone in my body meant to be mean about your situation. And yes, I agree, hug them and honor them each day.

Stephen

Joey had a good idea. I keep a tablet here on the desk for that purpose, since I have alot to pray for and be thankfull for. Prayers are with your wife and you. I'll hug my wife and mom today. Thanks for the reminder Stephen. Roy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast