I recently installed two identical Nordyne units in a new house. Both work fine, but one liquid line gurgles. Since the line set is in an interior wall, it is a little disturbing. I have six Nordyne units in one of the buildings where I work. I have the same senario. One out of the six gurgles. The units were installed two years ago; I only noticed this while doing PM work. I assumed it was low on gas. I hooked up my gauges, checked supeheat and subcooling, everthing checked out so I just left it. Works fine, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this before useing any more Nordye junk. Just try checking the subcooling on one and you'll see why I call it junk. Any help appriciated.

Thanks, Mel

Is the lineset securely fastened to the studs inside the walls?

Yes

The one I installed are.

Originally posted by mlock
    Just try checking the subcooling on one and you'll see why I call it junk. Any help appriciated.

Thanks, Mel
    never had a problem checking it. whats different about them?
    i wanted to put a picture here

can you post all temperatures of discharge and suction lines and low/ high side press. etc. Sounds maybe like flash gases . Are all lines inside walls also need ambient temps around outdoor unit

subcooling

To check the subcooling on the ones I've worked on neccesitates removal of the top of the cond. unit. It's the only way I can see to attach a thermocouple, unless your checking the temp. at the liquid line outside the unit; which wouldn't be accurate.

Re: subcooling

Originally posted by mlock
    To check the subcooling on the ones I've worked on neccesitates removal of the top of the cond. unit. It's the only way I can see to attach a thermocouple, unless your checking the temp. at the liquid line outside the unit; which wouldn't be accurate.
    Why not?

Wonder if someone charged it with Scope or Listerine.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

subcooling is cooling of liquid after being condensed so the liquid line just outside condenser shouldn't change reading enough for any concerns

I was taught to ckeck subcooling at the location specified by the manafacurer. I suppose checking at the liquid line outside the unit would be more accurate than not checking it at all. I'll have to compare the readings sometime. I'd check the one mentioned,but the HO isn't complaining, so I don't want to invite any undo scrutiny.