Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have to agree with the not-believing a sight glass for moisture theory. I haven't seen a flooded system with a green indicator, but I have seen a system holding 490 microns with a black indicator.

could have been a fluke. still have not installed a sightglass on residential a/c system in at least 20 yrs.

Well Boss have you got some other way to tell if you might have moisture in the system? O yes forgot you can take a freon sample down to the chemist and he can test it for you.

sure , there are other methods to tell if there is moisture in the system and a site glass could be 1 way , but not when you are charging a system with blend refrigerants, then a site glass and a chemist wont even help

Originally posted by ct2
    but not when you are charging a system with blend refrigerants, then a site glass and a chemist wont even help
    O did not know we were talking blends guess I should have read the original post better.

Hey I re-read it and it appears he was talking about R-22 so that was what my response was related to talk about getting carried away off topic, wonder if you use jet fuel if a sight glass would be any good for moisture.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Talking

ok my bad---but then you axed :wonder if you use jet fuel if a sight glass would be any good for moisture.

only on JP-3 and 100 octane LL av gas

But I remember reading something in an automotive history book
    once ( not to admit I am old )...no back in the 60's 70's on automotive systems , they all had sight glasses didnt they?

back then that is how I remember being taught to charge a system---add vapor untill you had a clear glass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12