Hi, I have low roof eves - about 7 ft from the ground, with a large 3 foot overhang eve. The outdoor ac blower sits directly below the eves and is about 30 inches tall. I noticed how warm/hot the walls and windows are that are close to the blower. Is it worth the expense to have someone make up something that sits on top of the blower to redirect the hot air coming from the top of the blower assembly and redirect the hot air away from the house? Is this typical?

probably more effective to move unit

Move unit 3 feet away from house so its no longer under eves?

I have been successful in making a variety of air diverters. In your case a simple deflector made of a material that will hold up to the environment should be fine. Something like a piece of all weather plywood or sheet of metal from the edge of the eave to the wall on a 45º angle should be adequate.

In commercial application I have had no problems with mounting condensers and heat pumps on the roofs of offices inside of warehouses. For these applications I have fabricated large sweeping elbows to open hoods along the side of the buildings to discharge the condenser air. As long as the capacity of the ducting is large enough to conform to "free air, no static resistance" the units operated fine.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV