+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goodman SSZ14 heat pump w/ some Slim-Duct.

Post Likes

Goodman SSZ14 heat pump w/ some Slim-Duct.

Had to use some slim-duct on this one as the lineset went down the wall 20+ feet.

Here are a couple of outdoor and indoor pics, respectively.

He will get a full 14 SEER, 12 EER and 8.5 HSPF out of this add-on. Should see some decent savings over his existing 80% builder's grade Bryant furnace.

Post Likes
    Interesting. That an emergency drain pan setup around the supply transition? Nice slim duct. Our salesmen, especially the ones whose name appear on the sign, like downspout instead. Cheaper!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Interesting. That an emergency drain pan setup around the supply transition? Nice slim duct. Our salesmen, especially the ones whose name appear on the sign, like downspout instead. Cheaper!

Funny thing is, that drain pan serves no purpose other than to be panning. This home was built a year ago and I am thinking they probably had a bunch of these just laying around to "patch" up their supply drops. It isn't sealed in any way, the supply drop just drops right down the center with a little silicone.

I hear ya on the cost of the downspout vs. slimduct. He paid a little extra so we gave him the good stuff.

Post Likes
    My local would fail the outlet for not being a GFI.

Everything does look superb.
    The TXV tubing looks wonderfull. I wish I could make mine look that good.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    why the p trap?

Post Likes
    Nice Install... if you got a spill pan why no float switch? unless its not pictured either way i like the Bryant is that a copper gas line tapped off there? cant tell sorry
    Who the hell put this return in the bathroom.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang894me View Post
    Nice Install... if you got a spill pan why no float switch? unless its not pictured either way i like the Bryant is that a copper gas line tapped off there? cant tell sorry

That thing was already there and that IS not what it is, please read previous post.

Again, read the whole story, this was a heat pump add-on, that builder's grade Bryant is junk. Read, read, read, then formulate your response, it is misplaced.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    why the p trap?

Code requires it. Read through my other jobs here on the WOP and you will see I think it's nonsense as well.

Post Likes
    opps missed your second post on the pan.. i still like the bryant.... there easy to work on

Post Likes
    i agree about the trap! with a condensate pump if you put the drain line all the way down it will sit in the water and act as a trap. wouldnt that pass as the trap and not have to use the p-trap???geeeeez dang inspectors. and shoot its even positive pressure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    i agree about the trap! with a condensate pump if you put the drain line all the way down it will sit in the water and act as a trap. wouldnt that pass as the trap and not have to use the p-trap???geeeeez dang inspectors. and shoot its even positive pressure.

No sh*t, but our government bureaucracy knows better than us. Dumbazzes.

Post Likes
    Seaton - I thought the install overall looked pretty sharp. I just had one question. Why did you go from hard pipe to flex back to hard pipe on the gas? Why not just hard pipe 100%?
    If your not getting the results you desire then change. People change from either desperation or inspiration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by luskys a/c View Post
    Seaton - I thought the install overall looked pretty sharp. I just had one question. Why did you go from hard pipe to flex back to hard pipe on the gas? Why not just hard pipe 100%?

We didn't really mess with the gas piping too much other than using the full length of the existing flex. It was coiled up before. Didn't make sense to rework the whole thing since we didn't change anything on it.

Post Likes
    Banned

what he get banned for?

Post Likes
    Wondering the same about seaton. Got to thank the guy (along with couple others on this board) for helping me with my new system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Had to use some slim-duct on this one as the lineset went down the wall 20+ feet.

Here are a couple of outdoor and indoor pics, respectively.

He will get a full 14 SEER, 12 EER and 8.5 HSPF out of this add-on. Should see some decent savings over his existing 80% builder's grade Bryant furnace.
    UH Question to the orginal poster???? What is that on the bottom of the condenser next to the pad? is that a Grounding rod? or something else? We never see that here in Las Vegas
    I don't care who you use as long as there not complete Muppets!

Post Likes
    it's for earthquakes if i remember correctly, required by code in his area

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in