New compressor

Thread: New compressor

Went to a job today that had a 10ton selfcontained unit with 2] 5 ton compressors one is bad has hole burned in it lost all freon my ? is can charge be checked without weighing it in on the compressor that is still running it has tx valve will subcooing be way off? It has only 1 blower speed and condencer fan blower speed? And should I change tx when I change compressor or take a chance and hope its good the owner just bought this building I dont no how long system been like this.

yes the sub cool should not change since the other compressor is on its own circut. the coil is split into two circuts and the air will pass over the intire coil and mix after the coil. the question is what happened the the firts compressor. was it a power drop and did it also weaken the second compressor.

When you change the compressor and flush the system you will need to check and clean the inlet filter and then install a LL dryer
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Coil

The coil is not spit side by side its top and bottem so it will get all the air flow of = to 10tons of air.