Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You could be opening a can of worms best left alone.Could be time to hire an attorney.

See since he doesnt own that can of worms , he doesnt care what happens when he opens them---and he doesnt care who it affects
    -------------------------------------------------------------

call your electric company out there and have them "clock " your meter

tell your ELECTRIC COMPANY that your apartment is using more power than any others in the complex

STOP TRYING TO BLAME THE HVAC SYSTEM and look for the real reason you are having larg bills

Locate the source of your power consumption---like a refrigerator that runs all of the time----electric heating elements

or that hydronic grow system that you have in the basement or that a neighbor has tapped into your power source getting his electricity free

your power company can help with all of these issues , all you have to do is

#1 ask

#2 dont be a dick-----i know thats going to be a tough one

but they will do more for you if you are civil

and go to the library and look up the mechanical code
    if you are that insistant on wasting time and not finding the real reason behind your high electric bills

and dont use the AC at all and see how high it is then

If the heat strips or leaking ducts were the problem why would he go to the trouble of totally changing out the outside condenser unit instead of fixing the problem?

The A/C never shuts off, isn't that sufficient enough reason for the high bills?

My temperature drop right now is 9 degrees. 79 degrees at the return.

I don't need to do all that research to know that if the AC wasn't running constantly the bill would be cheaper.

If I don't use the A/C at all it will get to 96 degrees in the apartment.

Exclamation Multi- faceted ReSolUtion

Originally posted by ablib
    The A/C never shuts off, isn't that sufficient enough reason for the high bills? My temperature drop right now is 9 degrees. 79 degrees at the return.

I don't need to do all that research to know that if the AC wasn't running constantly the bill would be cheaper.

If I don't use the A/C at all it will get to 96 degrees in the apartment.
    Write down Electric Meter readings.
    Turn the A/C off for 24 hours.

Compare to readings from other days when on...
    ... Last bill: $398 / 30 days = $13.27 /day
    Usage ... at $0.10 /kW
    __ 2-ton unit = $0.20 per hour or_$4.00 / day.

Present findings to Landlord, All Tenants, City Building Inspector & Lawyer!

I guess you are paying for the electricity
    for 4 , 5 or 6 apartment units.

[Edited by dan sw fl on 07-17-2005 at 06:40 PM]
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Find the breaker box that is "supposed" to be for your unit.Turn them all to the off position .See if in fact everything is off. If this is a new unit then it's possible that the boxes and meters are crossed. Will the condensing unit and air handler go off if you turn the t-stat off? I've seen many strange and unusual occurences in apartment construction.

To the original poster.

I believe your question has been answered to the best of our ability without guessing about your interests. We appreciate your interest in our profession and wish you well.

Thank you for your question and comments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12