Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDA

My first tablet I bought that cheap one at circuit city. was broke in 2 weeks. Did a ton more research and realized you must buy one built for feild service.

Check out http://www.panasonictoughbook.com and look at the CF18. I have that one.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    My first tablet I bought that cheap one at circuit city. was broke in 2 weeks. Did a ton more research and realized you must buy one built for feild service.

Check out http://www.panasonictoughbook.com and look at the CF18. I have that one.
    I have... but $$$$$ so I went toshiba M200 for now. I need a small booster antenna to find open wifi sites while on the road.

The sprint card is cool.... but $80.00 a month plus the card. I purchased 3 cards 6 months ago that are aircards @ 56K, you know what I mean. The unlimited is $80.00 a month for them as well... They are on my HP5550's

I got to tone the monthly's down to be able to upgrade the HP 5550 IPAQ with tablets by the end of the year but at 2 to 3 grand for new and 12 - 18 for used .... wow.

Yep... here we go again... ain't this fun?

We are just on the cutt'n edge, what else can we say?

There is no way I could afford to do what I do if I had employees. But I have been thinking about that too. With the technoclogy doing what it can for you, even an employee can not reap the harvest out of it all unless you give him the ability to be a complete decision maker as well. I got a buddy who I run into all the time who works for a decent sized shop. He was over the other night for beers. He was saying if they had that, there would be no reason for to work for the contractor. I laughed at first but then I was like, wow, never thought of it that way. This technology is definately going to empower more guys, you can be sure of that.

It aint going to happen anytime soon though.

Another very good point.

Our HP 5550 handhelds work really great with the paperless ESC software. Customer signs the handheld and you can print the invoice while walking back to your truck. At the same time it zaps to my server where parts are removed from inventory and set up for quanity on hand reordering. The labor and other materials and goods are calculated, taxed and emailed to the accounting office for my customer that day for payment.

It then zaps to my accounting software when posted at the end of the day or when I want. I have up to the minute accounting of where I am for profit, net worth and payables. It even reminds me and sends out statements with pastdue copies that are emailed in PDF format.

Whewww... Yep.. you made a very good point.

Originally posted by bigbird
    My chickens use them all the time.
    Get back to work.

And to think I just wasted my money on a Dell Axim Pocket PC.

Originally posted by lusker
    Another very good point.

Our HP 5550 handhelds work really great with the paperless ESC software. Customer signs the handheld and you can print the invoice while walking back to your truck. At the same time it zaps to my server where parts are removed from inventory and set up for quanity on hand reordering. The labor and other materials and goods are calculated, taxed and emailed to the accounting office for my customer that day for payment.

It then zaps to my accounting software when posted at the end of the day or when I want. I have up to the minute accounting of where I am for profit, net worth and payables. It even reminds me and sends out statements with pastdue copies that are emailed in PDF format.

Whewww... Yep.. you made a very good point.

Lusker,

I'm curious if you have had any trouble with ESC on flat rate pricing created within ESC? We have and proved it to a tech support technician yesterday via remote access.

I posted a thread about this in the Pro business section. You may want to check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12