Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini split rant!!!

Post Likes
    our comp has the "special" kit and still can't get it right.

I have seen that torque wrench and did not quite get its use.

size of the flare nuts is weird and I have posed that question before for oil flare nuts. seems there is more than one type of flare nut and they are sized differently. I have both metric and standard flare wrenches and rarely have the exact size to fit the nuts out there.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    We cut off at the evap as well and solder. I have not had any problems flaring em though my guys kept getting leaks at condensers. Started having them buy pre flared solder fittings at Johnson Supply. Cured that.
    I keep telling them to use the oil while flaring if not it creates a stereophonic groove in the copper.
    Techson Mechanical LLC
    "We Shall Mount Up Wings As Eagles"

Post Likes
    No drier allowed = no brazing allowed = flare fitting required
    that being said, I have brazed more than few

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in