Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC vibration

John,check out this thread.

It will explain my sarcasm,but yes I do believe a good tech could diagnose this problem.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Hey John and David, relax! Take a deep breath and read the posts before you shoot your mouths off!
    Did you even notice that the problem was solved, as in done, over, The End?
    Yes, a good tech could easily have solved the vibration, since I did it in 10 minutes and I'm not even an AC tech. Nobody suggested otherwise. What I did say is that I didn't want to turn off the system during the hot day, when I need cooling, so I did it at midnight. And yes, it would be silly to call a tech out at midnight for a vibration. That's why I didn't. You just made my point.
    As to the unrelated and apparently more controversial subject (at least here) of who should give advice of what kind and how qualified the recipient is: If you don't like the forum rules, feel free to refrain from wasting our time. And go to the "vent your pet peeves" forum instead.
    David, your sarcastic reference to the other thread is entirely appropriate here. I figured if I call 5 contractors on this vibration issue, 4 of them would tell me I need a changeout to a 55-ton, 83 SEER unit. Then of course nothing would work after the changeout and we would need to up-rate the system a bit...

davidr: not only did i check out the thread, did you bother to read my response?

Everyone is accusing everyone else of jumping to conclusions and shooting off their mouths.

I made a statement a long time ago, that there were people that can't see the forest for the trees. I stand by that statement.

Also, did you know that if you put a frog in a cold skillet and s l o w l y bring up the heat, he will stay there 'til he's fried?

Get my point? or if not, I can reword it. I wouldn't want to 'disappoint' anyone.

If what I say here, makes someone stop and think, then fine. Just as I have learned from many on this site, I hope others are just as willing to learn.

Time to kick it up a notch!
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12