+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metasys Configuration Question

Post Likes

Angry Metasys Configuration Question

Hi all,

First, i am a Trane guy...Dont dislike Johnson controls, just dont know it. Love Tracer Summit, dealing ok with ES, and i kinda dig tridium.

BUT.... we have a huge customer who has a newer metasys system and wants a "button" to perform a preset load shed to cut amperage.

They will obviously give me a list of what devices they want killed, however, without any of the Johnson programming toold (Hvac Pro, GX-9100, etc) just with administrator level access to metasys i am looking for a solution to create a button on a graphic, and temporally override a group of devices to unoccupied state for either a hard set time, or an adjustable period of time.

my boss, the sales guy, thinks there is no reason this shouldn't be possible. HELP!!!!!

Do any of the metasys guys have any ideas how to do this? Pretty Please? will gladly trade for Trane and or Novar solutions.

Post Likes
    Do they have NCMs or NAEs?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbrock View Post
    Do they have NCMs or NAEs?
    NCM's

Post Likes
    yeah...

NCMs are not "newer". PMI is NOT a user friendly interface. The main issue is the other tools you need, Graphics, GPL you do not have either. I would contact an experienced PMI programmer, you can hose up the NCMs rather easily.

Post Likes
    i took a stab at it and said NCM. it was installed about a year ago by JCI. im sure the controllers are Newer ones. sorry bout that, im not a johnson guy

Post Likes
    You would probably have better luck with a bunch of relays and a clapper.
    Half joking aside, if you have admin rights you should be able to do what you want fairly easily with LCT logic. The graphics (if JC) you will need visio.

Post Likes
    In oder to do this you will need admin rights in Metasys with the ability to see the "All Items" tab.
    From there, locate the NAE-XX in the tree and there should be a folder called programming. In this folder, insert a new folder called lighting override. Then highlight that folder and insert a BD. You can call this whatever you want but LITE-OVR as an item name will be usefull. Then give it a long description to let your customer know what it is.
    Inside that folder you can also either add an Interlock object that you can use to control the other items off/on by the status of the LITE-OVR object you just created.
    Too add it to the graphic, move the graphic into the viewer pane on the right. If you have admin rights the edit button on the graphic, top left corner, will be available. Once in the edit mode you select the LITE-OVR in the navigation tree on the left. Under the dymanics tab in the graphic select the button of choice and move it over. This button will be linked to the item you have highlighted on the left.
    I would also suggest that if there are user views setup, add the LITE-OVR in the text as well.
    Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    PLease go to www.johnsoncontrols.com and in the top right corner you will find a search box. Type "product literature" in the search box and hit enter.
    You can then search for "NAE" within the product literature section and browse around and find all the info you need.
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Did Froz's explanation help?

Not an easy task. But can be done. After adding point it still needs to be connected via LCT (Logic Connector Tool). which can be a live editor and can have serious consequences. Should be performed by someone having taken METASYS system extended architecture Engineering and Setup course, and knows the customer BAS very well. Curious to see how this works out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddc_tech View Post

Not an easy task. But can be done. After adding point it still needs to be connected via LCT (Logic Connector Tool). which can be a live editor and can have serious consequences. Should be performed by someone having taken METASYS system extended architecture Engineering and Setup course, and knows the customer BAS very well. Curious to see how this works out.
    Yes, Blue capes and blue paperclips are required for this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddc_tech View Post

He is not trying to land on the moon...he just wants to add as a simpe task to his EMS !!

Good news is you don't need any HVAC Pro or GX9100 knowledge. Your load shed command should come from the supervisory controller as you want to take over control from the local controllers.
    You can accomplish this task by creating an Interlock object in the NAE. Have your Load Shed point trigger this Interlock. In this Interlock you override all your selected devices to turn off. You will pick a high enough priority to override the local control.
    Then when the Load Shed point is off, you will release this override and allow Local control to take over

Post Likes
    http://www.metexcorporation.com/mete...f/OM-2175P.pdf

Could someone in the royal court please delete this?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Yes, Blue capes and blue paperclips are required for this.
    It's rocket surgery....

Post Likes
    Don't forget you have to set this up with the correct "priority" as compared to other controls and overrides, + it would be real easy to screw this up.

Froz'ninWpg, wouldn't you be creating a BV object?
    Klaus Koenig
    Walbridge FM

Post Likes
    NewportNic, you are correct. It should be a BV not a BD, too much time in PMI world I think. Also, I use priority 14 everytime I use an interlock or LCT connection. This way when you look at the priority table you will see it is commanded by an application. When commanding through an Interlock you do not necessarily need to go through an LCT to make a connection.

Post Likes

Smile

The reply from EXWTK does seem to be the easisest way to go. I did forget that option. You will have fun with the priorities on each of the points as mentioned by someone else. Don't expect to just program and walk away; Develope a commissioning doc and go through it.

Post Likes

LCT issue

You can not use LCT as it does not have a "release" function. Once again JCI missed something important. Simply insert an interlock. They are simple to use and pretty self explanatory. You will reference the data point explained before and if it is on you will override something off and release at same relatively high priority when data point changes back so it goes back into normal operation. You can also set up the releases to have delays so all does not come on at the exact same time.

Post Likes
    You guys aer awesome...thank you very much for the guidance. Back at work on this task now after a brief break to put out other fires. I will let ya'all know how it turns out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Froz'ninWpg View Post
    In oder to do this you will need admin rights in Metasys with the ability to see the "All Items" tab.
    From there, locate the NAE-XX in the tree and there should be a folder called programming. In this folder, insert a new folder called lighting override. Then highlight that folder and insert a BD. You can call this whatever you want but LITE-OVR as an item name will be usefull. Then give it a long description to let your customer know what it is.
    Inside that folder you can also either add an Interlock object that you can use to control the other items off/on by the status of the LITE-OVR object you just created.
    Too add it to the graphic, move the graphic into the viewer pane on the right. If you have admin rights the edit button on the graphic, top left corner, will be available. Once in the edit mode you select the LITE-OVR in the navigation tree on the left. Under the dymanics tab in the graphic select the button of choice and move it over. This button will be linked to the item you have highlighted on the left.
    I would also suggest that if there are user views setup, add the LITE-OVR in the text as well.
    Hope this helps.
    Im on it...The instructions have been awesome thus far. Being a JCI newbie, how do i tie the interlock to the loads i want to enable/disable?

Thanks,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by metasystech View Post

You can not use LCT as it does not have a "release" function. Once again JCI missed something important.
    The release function in LCT is listed in the "Constant" folder. You might want to read the help file....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in