+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo Chef Ovens

Post Likes

Turbo Chef Ovens

Anyone work on these ? I do not, however a chain I do work for have them, I love them ! Nothing like having last nights pizza in there for 30 seconds, comes out hot, and done just right, not all nasty like a microwave. What is the theory of operation with these amazing ovens ?

Post Likes
    There are two magnetrons, waveguides,etc. It is also a convection oven, so you have to wait for that part to come to temperature. I believe there is a ceramic shelf in the oven to help it stay hot also. I worked on a couple of these at Starbucks.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    I worked on a few of these for Subways. Seemed like most of the repairs were on the Microwave side of it, Cap's, Diodes, Mag's, etc.

Post Likes
    Yup, mags fail often - took me a while to understand them, but Turbochef tech support is nothing short of fantastic. I do believe they have training classes in the Texas area.

I think I have all the "F" error codes memorized by now.

Post Likes
    I'm getting real good @ stripping the panels off, carting the unit out back and blowing all the crud out of it with CO2. Unit filled with dirt/ debris causes alot of the over temp mag errors. Oh...and burnt electrical connectors on top of the unit. Almost every time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_1963 View Post
    Yup, mags fail often - took me a while to understand them, but Turbochef tech support is nothing short of fantastic. I do believe they have training classes in the Texas area.

I think I have all the "F" error codes memorized by now.
    Forth Worth/Dallas.

Post Likes
    Wave guide covers crack a lot.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolerguy View Post
    What is the theory of operation with these amazing ovens ?
    The oven's extremely high oven temperature from the heating elements, circulated by a convection fan, toasts the food's exterior to it's crispy, browned texture while the magnetrons zap the food's interior to that hot, gooey,"stick to the roof of your mouth" scrumptiousness. It's the perfect hot sandwich blaster.

I had two, 2 year old units offered to me recently by a hospital I worked at - to haul off. BOTH needed significant repairs. I didn't do it due to my busy schedule, limited garage space and overbearing collection of OTHER projects. A recent junk food hunger pang sent me to thinking how well ONE could've been fitted nicely where my painfully slow, old, built-in kitchen oven is now installed. And...if it quit...I knew how to fix it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in