Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AC wont work and Sears wont come out for 1 1/2 weeks

Post Likes
    Most 410-a systems dont have variable speed blowers? You sir are a idiot!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by prodiyer
    I agree with Dash, I mean after all he does have 8100 post!

You really do like to start crap,no thanks ,I'll pass.Most all here know the truth.

It's 8103 now,since you are counting.

[Edited by dash on 07-16-2005 at 01:20 PM]

Post Likes
    Psc versus VS ,on a Carrier Puron system,depends on install date and likely the area of the country you are in.
    3 to 7 years ago ,mostly VS,in Florida,last 2 to3 ,mostly PSC.

Sears sale ,could be either.

Post Likes
    That's right. Most don't. I can most certainly say that the vast majority of Puron systems in my market do NOT have a variable speed motor on the indoor unit. Maybe you have a high end sales mix. However, the majority do NOT. I have worked for Trane, too. The same is true there. Most R410a systems do not have VS indoor units.

A little advice...shut your hole. There are some very knowledgable people on this board. You, sir, regardless of the number of posts you have, do not fall into that category at this point.

Want to give some bad HVAC advice, go somewhere else. Want to learn and grow with the rest of us, stick around and quit diagnosing systems with no information given by the homeowner. Better yet, quit diagnosing systems for homeowners unless you are on the job. There are enough idiots diagnosing systems via the Internet for homeowners.

Post Likes
    To simply state that most puron systems are not variable speed. Is a idiotic statement with no facts.

Post Likes
    Forget that I am associate here and the fact that I really don't care for your attitude since you have been on our site....never mind about my personal opinion because it counts about as much as yours here... dittly.

But until you can match James post count and his ability to see clearly through the BS from other posters, you may want to rephrase your idiot comment to

"You sir have a different opinion than I."

thanks

IMHO

Post Likes
    To simply state that most puron systems are not variable speed. Is a idiotic statement with no facts.

There are things you don't know about a lot of posters here.

Trust me he knows and is in a position to know.

Post Likes
    Are you really that much of a fhackin retard? Do you have any idea of the distribution numbers of Puron units and systems? I do. I see the numbers every month. You, sir, are the idiot in this discussion.

Post Likes
    We are talking about a 5 ton, 2 year old carrier puron system. Most of these have variable speed blowers., if not all. Was I breaking any hvac-talk rule by saying the icm module was bad. If Im wrong so be it, that was just my guess. It did not hurt anyone. Are we not aloud to make a guess at what could be wrong? I did not give any directions on replacing anything.

Post Likes
    Jrbenny lets see the facts then.

Post Likes
    We are talking about a 5 ton, 2 year old carrier puron system. Most of these have variable speed blowers., if not all. Was I breaking any hvac-talk rule by saying the icm module was bad. If Im wrong so be it, that was just my guess. It did not hurt anyone. Are we not aloud to make a guess at what could be wrong? I did not give any directions on replacing anything.
    Personally,I don't see that being called an idiot for ,saying the ecm ids bad,was called for ,just my opinion.Could have added "could be",etc.,but it really did no one any good to post that.Now after that,you've created your own situation.

My advice is to use the search function,search on "chillbilly" as the poster and go mess with him.

Distributers numbers aren't going to get posted on the net.If you are really in the business ,I'd think you would know that.

Seriously this is a great site,why not take a step back,and look for the value here,not an arguement.

[Edited by dash on 07-16-2005 at 01:59 PM]

Post Likes
    Read the first post

LMFAO.

He's not even in the field.

Post Likes
    I have over 11000 posts, so I'm certain he'll agree with me.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Read the first post

LMFAO.

Say what ever you want. Its working better than ever. You guys on here think your kings. You think A/c equipment is so complicated.I found it to be a piece of cake, I might even start my own company. I FIXED IT!
    pro diy er

Post Likes
    Are we not aloud to make a guess at what could be wrong?
    No sir, you are NOT allowed to make a guess, because when you do, you are devaluing MY industry I and my friends make a living in. We do NOT need you to help make it any worse than it already is thanks to lawlessness, and other acts of unprofessionalism.

Do yourself a favor, sit back and take a breath. Ask yourself, why would all these people who do not know me be instructing me to cool my jets? Did you ever think you just might possibly be out of line? Before you answer, stand up, step back and breath. Then come back and sit down, and read for 5 days before you respond again, and I think maybe, just maybe you might have a different prospective about what this site is about.

Post Likes
    Say what ever you want. Its working better than ever. You guys on here think your kings. You think A/c equipment is so complicated.I found it to be a piece of cake, I might even start my own company. I FIXED IT!

I like the sound of that....

King Dash
    King James
    King JR
    King Classical
    errr...
    King Dave ?? Let me think about that one...

King Lusker??? Nope keep me away from residential systems give me my 20 tons and leave me alone.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Read the first post
    LMFAO.
    I buy the already heated freon so saves me a lot of tape.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Just thought I would add a side note from another Professional Member. It maybe time to rethink how things are handled around here and new practices implemented.

Originally posted by XXXXXXX
    Gonna go out on a limb here! YOU guys that continue to post responses to tech / repair questions from the HOs are a bunch of IDIOTS! There, I said it! Fighting words? Maybe, maybe not. If you don't care about prostituting your own industry, yourselves, and your livelihood, then no one can help you.

Got a comeback? Probably not. You are too busy fitting your head through the nearest doorway to worry about dropping that huge boulder through the bottom of your own boat! That's right! You're gonna sink your own ship!

And guess what? Nobody here is gonna throw you a life preserver. And you think the HOs you been helping care?
    Ha. Ha. Ha. If they gave half a rat's rear quarters about you or your "expertise" then they would be on the phone PDQ to get you out to their home.

Naw, why should they do that? When you're willing to guide them step by step through the process. And, hey, if there IS NO PROCESS, that's okay too. You don't want them to think your a friggin idiot, do ya? Naw, if you're not sure of the problem you'll MAKE SOMETHIN UP!

So have it guys. While you're doing this, I just hope you don't wake up during the surgery. That would be the operation that you're undergoing to remove any sense of self-worth and dignity that may have existed at one time in the past!

Seems a lot of you get a little miffed when someone pushes your 'button.' Well, I'm hoping this pushes your button, and you snap out of this self-induced coma.

Post Likes
    prodiyer

My a/c quit working and I had a tech come out. He found the metering valve bad in the airhandler and wanted over 500 to replace it. Well I wasnt paying that much so I removed the last 20 feet of insulation on the bigger line to the unit outside and put heat tape on it. Buy doing this Im heating the refrigerant up and turning it into a vapor so theres no liquid to the compressor. Everything has been fine since I did this and I thought you guys might start doing this if you run into a metering problem.

06-30-2005 06:06 PM 1

This has to be the most funniest post from a DIY'r I have ever read. And to think he feels he could be a "professional" HVAC/R technician even brings more rolling laughter.

Post Likes
    He'd be in tears within a week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in