Return air grille. DASH and anyone.

Hmm

My parents have Goodman GMP075-3 up flow furnace. Furnace sets in a hall closet in the middle of the house. Under it is where they originally cut the drywall for the return when the house was built.Filter sets in the inside base of the unit a 14x25. They want to replace the 1954 return grille. Size now is 31 3/4 by 9 3/4. I would like to know what the right size of filter grille I would need for proper return. 31 3/4 wide is as far as I could go but I can go bigger then 9 3/4 if I need to. Thanks, jmb

Did you not like the answer you got in your other post, asking the same question?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Same width,to mke it easy,if you can fine it ,by 18" high ,as a bare minimum.

Returns can "almost" never be too large ,so higher if possible.Might be a good place to get a filter grille that will hold a 4" media filter as well.Filter grille is a good idea ,as you'll be able to have a larger filter

Durodyne "quiet turn" vanes ,installed below the furnace will quiet the furnace fan noise.

Smile

I can go 30W x 20H with no problem. Do you know of a source for one that size. Also do they make one for a 4 inch deep filter. Thanks, jmb

Might check these links:

Totaline electronic filter/grill.

Trion electronic filter/grill.

Honeywell media filter/grill (20 x 30 x 5).

Totaline also makes a media filter/grill, but it's not on their residential site.

**I'm not a fan of the 'electronic' filters (due to the maintenance), but these are close to your measurements.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    http://www.hartandcooley.com

They have or will make any size,also have 4" frame,you'll neeed to oder it thru a contrcator or distributor.The furnace contractor should be able to supply one.

Remember,before ordering,you need 4" of clearence behind the drywall,so check that first.