Hope someone can't point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a manual/information for what I think is a Goodman system. This is the info that I have. The air handler lists Goodman Manufacturing Co. The model # is A-36-00 REV D, Serial #9812402610. The compressor doesn't list the company name. The model # listed is BRC S0361BD. There is another number, 990910605.

I've attempted to email Goodman but the email was returned undelivered. I've tried to call but no one returns my calls.

The problem is that in the 90+ weather the system can't keep up. I've been told that the system may be too small for the house. It is a raised ranch w/ cathedral ceilings; approx 1270 sq. ft. The system is 3 years old. Also I've been told that the previous owner complained to the contractor about the system and then proceeded to "play around" with the system. So he could have screwed something up. For example, there are a few filters in the returns but they appear to be some sort of thick insulating material rather than a filter. I'm not even sure where the filters should go. These filters could be blocking the air rather than just filtering the air.

Also, when I checked the air handler I noticed that there is a cord coming out of it with a jack on the end (almost like a small headphone jack). Does anyone know what that is?

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I would appreciate any info or assistance on the system.

You need a pro to look at it.

Contacting Goodman will not help you with anything other than them telling you the same thing...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Originally posted by yacko456
    For example, there are a few filters in the returns but they appear to be some sort of thick insulating material rather than a filter. I'm not even sure where the filters should go. These filters could be blocking the air rather than just filtering the air.

Change yer filters often.
    Read or measure the size you need,and go get the same from wal mart.

Originally posted by yacko456
    Also, when I checked the air handler I noticed that there is a cord coming out of it with a jack on the end (almost like a small headphone jack). Does anyone know what that is?

You plug in your Mp3 there to download the newest tunes
    frome the goodmanettes

....not really

That's a Coleman A/C on a Goodman air handler.

What you need is a competent (I know, murder to find) tech who will look at EVERYTHING and see what's going on. Often, the equipment is fine but a lousy duct system is the culprit. Either picking up attic heat, leaking or undersized. Also need to get proper filtration without being restrictive.

I don't know where you are but in most areas 3 ton should cool the pace easily. Like said before time for a pro, Best of luck on that. I think most would rather see a dentist than try to find an honest compotent pro.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Originally posted by jacob perkins
    frome the goodmanettes

....not really
    Yes...really. The newest hits by the Goodmanettes are "Cold as Ice" and "When You're Hot; You're Hot".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    frome the goodmanettes

....not really
    Yes...really. The newest hits by the Goodmanettes are "Cold as Ice" and "When You're Hot; You're Hot".

damn i thought it was ackey breaky heart!!!!

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    frome the goodmanettes

....not really
    Now do they play "When You're Hot; You're Hot" during the summer? if so that is not a good tune, and "Cold as Ice" in the winter? that tune definitely sucks then.

I like the tune the Goodmanettes sing to the Carrierettes your so vain you probably thing this song is about you.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown