Start and Check....new a/c system in an old apartment complex in DC

Attachment 176762

charging up the system

Attachment 176772

some lineset covering

Attachment 176782

more covering

Attachment 176792

all tubing bends....u can see how mr. sparky likes to ruin are nice linesets

Attachment 176802

Mr. Sparky likes to split the jacket on the CCC waiting for me to touch it. i taped it.

Attachment 176812
    Attachment 176822
    Attachment 176832
    Attachment 176842

more guttering

Attachment 176852

sparky messes up are lineset again!

Post Likes

and more

Attachment 176862
    Attachment 176872
    Attachment 176882

indoor unit. its a 1.5 ton a/c

Attachment 176892
    Attachment 176902
    Attachment 176912

more lineset

Attachment 176932
    Attachment 176942
    Attachment 176952

and my toolbag i get to walk around DC with weighing in at almost 34 lbs

Post Likes
    You need a new electrician. That UF wouldn't fly here, needs physical protection. Besides is looks like crap.

Post Likes
    i agree. wasnt our electrician. i told my boss about it and he said they were a joke.

Post Likes
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to invert the R410 bottle for liquid, unless the bottle says you do.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to invert the R410 bottle for liquid, unless the bottle says you do.
    Yes you do. The blend of refrigerants evaporate at different pressures and the liquid ensures that r410a is being charged and not one of the blends.

Post Likes
    Yes you do. The blend of refrigerants evaporate at different pressures and the liquid ensures that r410a is being charged and not one of the blends. Thats what I've read and the bottle does say to charge by liquid.

Post Likes
    But the new 410a bottles, at least some of them, have the dip tube in the bottom so liquid is always available. No I gotta go look in my van cause this is driving me nuts. I could be wrong but I could swear I don't have to invert my bottles.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Post Likes
    You could be right. I haven't bought a new 410 bottle yet this year. But I am out so I have to go get a 2nd mortgage and get some now Be nice not to.

Post Likes
    I got a jug of Forane sitting outside the office door, it has arrows saying this (bottom) end up for use.

Post Likes
    One of the 400 series refrigerant doesn't require the bottom up stuff. Now I'm gonna have to go look.

Post Likes
    One of the 400 series refrigerant doesn't require the bottom up stuff. Now I'm gonna have to go look.
    When they first came out with 410, they were going to use a dip tube. They may have done it for awhile. They don't anymore.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    When they first came out with 410, they were going to use a dip tube. They may have done it for awhile. They don't anymore.
    Could very well be my answer as I'm still using some old bottles. When I get into the shop I'm going to look at all the other different color jugs cause I think there still may be one more. I think it's the dull orange one.......who remembers what they are by refrigerant numbers anymore!

Post Likes
    Wow.... thats a long lineset.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    i never even looked to see if it said flip the bottle. its habit on 410a. the lineset was 80 linear ft i wanna say with 6 90* tubing bends and OD unit was bout 10ft under ID unit

Post Likes
    Nice job on lineset. Looks good! Don't like the electricians upsidedown wire nut though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in