Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

If you stay with this trade, you will learn that you never stop learning.

Don't be afraid of electric, but always RESPECT IT!

If you have mechanical aptittude, and common sense, you'll do fine, it just takes time.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I have helped take duct work down and install some here and there. I do have a fear of getting shocked while servicing a unit I have noticed my hands shake bad while connecting wires. I guess the more you do it the less you will become fearless. Personally I feel overwhelmed taking the courses at school. I'm the kind of person who wants to jump in it on the job site and learn. To me I should learn quicker that way, instead of book knowledge.

---------------------------------------------------------------

you shouldnt have a fear of connecting wires for a couple of reasons like

you have no reason to connect anything or even work with live power..You ALWAYS make sure that the power to whatever you connect is shut off at the sourse.

You havnt got enough experience to connect power to anything yet

You learn quicker by jumping in on the job site instead of book knowlege

you go to school to learn how everything works and why, you will learn the correct methods of doing the things on the job that others may or may not show you. But you have to want to learn and the more you apply yourself and the more you understand the easier it will become and you wont be overwhelmed

There a such thing called journey men license?

I didn't know one could master it
    Hard work pays off though, I was just as you when I started out, stick with it if that's your calling and you'll be fine.

I think the HVAC service industry is like the Engineering field. (The second you think you know everything there is to know, its time to find something else to do for a living.)
    If you are hiring someone who claims to know everything, run like hell away from them.

It take time, just hang in there and know you will continue to learn for as long as you work.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12