Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hear ya John but what else can he do. One of the largest companies here is one of the worst you can hire and they just seem to get bigger every year. I don't claim to have a good answer for this but talking to more than the first one you blindly land your finger on is just a crap shoot with lots of crap to be found. Atleast calling a few will give him some choise and better odds.
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

Angry

it's ok to hijack, i'm enjoying it. My two cents.... i'm a customer who wants quality to go into his home. I thought the home warenty would cover it....NOPE!!! So i'm stuck using their contractor and their equipment when i was lead to beleve i had it covered though insurance. I get the run around from everyone except my family. Their pretty consistant.... "Daddy i'm hot, when will the house be fixed." So not all of us are looking for cheap. Some of us are looking for Long term quality and guidence and can't seem to find it. My only concern in dealing with all of these people at this point.... is to find someone who will at least bring the Vaseline.

If you decide to go with a new system be sure to get something good. 2 stage systems may cost more to buy but cost far less to own and have great humidity removal capability. Happy hunting!

How is a two stage machine more efficient? I agree with comfort but 2 stage effieincy will have to be explained to me.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trekrulz
    [B]it's ok to hijack, i'm enjoying it. My two cents.... i'm a customer who wants quality to go into his home. I thought the home warenty would cover it....NOPE!!! So i'm stuck using their contractor and their equipment when i was lead to beleve i had it covered though insurance.

This I dont understand..I mean if the insurance company not paying for it..then how do they have any say so in the matter?

P.s...We professional dont use the v stuff..we prefer the stuff thats start with the K,I mean after all we want your experience to be a comfortable one.

Cool Contractor Selection

Originally posted by trekrulz
    Some of us are looking for Long term quality and guidance and can't seem to find it.
    Many firms are reliable and honest ( but not cheap).
    Try a Lennox or TRANE dealer.

http://www.hvacopcost.com/
    (Heat Pump evaluation is not working accurately for me).

PAYBACK for going from 10 SEER to 12 SEER is most likely
    > 5 years and less than 10 years.

Assuming 12-SEER cost is ~ 25% more than 10 SEER.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

The very high seer is accomplished with the system running in low stage with a very over sized coil. when a 4 ton 2 stage is running in low mode it is a 2 ton and still using that 4 ton coil. beyond that it would be very difficult to explain atleast for me. I understand it in tech terms but laying it out in laymans terms doesn't seem to come out right.

One advantage of 2 stage that you may like is it can be sized for maximum load and still maintain proper comfort and air quality levels. This means you could possibly go for a little larger unit that can cool your home more quickly when needed or for when you have several guests. A properly sized system will sometimes have trouble keeping up on the hottest days under some conditions.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Thats ok Tech terms is ok, were all big boys.

Getting 2-3 bids is all you need, just make sure their not a fly-by-night-business.
    Remember, a good install is just as important as the product you buy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12