Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question

warranty company wants to put in a payne to replace my 3 1/2 ton split unit 10 SEER York heat pump. Comtractor wants me to put in a goodmon. Which is better?
    Thanks
    Bob

Can't compare anything to a "goodmom"
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

I have not seen a new payne in about 4 yrs I have one in my house and I would by it again!

With most warranty companies you wont have a choice, you will get what they buy for you, unless you cash out and buy your own system, which I would recommend you do.

To answer your question though, Goodman in my opinion is a better unit, better cabinet and compressor than the Payne, that being said, proper installation is the key to any brand's performance and longevity

They'll use the old coil and hire the cheapest company to hack it in. Doesn't matter what you get, you'll have nothing but headaches.

IMHO, your comparing two bottom of the barrel units. if i had to choose between those 2 I would take the goodman just because it think payne is about the ugliest unit i have seen in many years. Atleast the goodman has a casing around the coil to protect it
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

"Goodmon" is the Jamaican version of that very famous HVAC equipment. This particular version prefers to operate near weeds, known to Jamaicans as "ganja"
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

if you want to see your service company frequently then go with goodman. i would go payne if option is available.

Those who know what they are doing in the business have very few problems with Goodman.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Those who know what they are doing in the business have very few problems with Goodman.
    Why thanks Rob for the conformation, I must know what I am doing because I never have any problems with Goodman.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

up until now I thought Rob only told spelling jokes.

warranty companies use either of the 2 brands and the only bad thing about payne is the Bristol compressor. Goodmans cabinet doesnt fit correctly around the bottom. Gaps.
    Either unit can work well with the right installer in charge of the job.

Just curious; what are gaps at the bottom of a heat pump unit? Are you referring to the drain openings for defrost condensate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast